- Global AIDS Program Expanded to Caribbean and Latin America. // Health Care Financing Review;Summer2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p210
No abstract available.
- A cost function for HIV prevention services: is there a 'u' -- shape? Guinness, Lorna; Kumaranayake, Lilani; Hanson, Kara // Cost Effectiveness & Resource Allocation;2007, Vol. 5, p13
Background: Global resource needs estimation is a critical part of addressing the HIV/AIDS epidemic. To generate these estimates knowledge of costs and cost structures is required. The evidence base for costs of HIV prevention programmes is limited. Even less is known about the existence of...
- Missing safer sex strategies in HIV Prevention: A call for further research. Kerwin, Jason T.; Foley, Sallie M.; Thornton, Rebecca L.; Basinga, Paulin; Chinkhumba, Jobiba // African Population Studies;Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p286
Despite the efforts of educators, public health officials, and HIV/AIDS prevention experts, condom promotion has failed to stop the HIV epidemic in most of sub-Saharan Africa and most researchers and policy makers have focused on risk reductions for interventions for penetrative sex. We consider...
- Rising to the challenge of the AIDS epidemic. Abdool Karim, S.S. // South African Journal of Science;Jun2000, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p262
Deals with the fight of South Africa against the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Main challenge; Proof that it has the resources to control the epidemic; Effectiveness of the AZT antiretroviral drug.
- Focus: AIDS and human rights: the need for protection. // Report on the Global HIV/AIDS Epidemic: UNAIDS - 2004;1/1/2004, p123
The article focuses on the significance of human rights protection towards prevention for AIDS and HIV epidemic. Particularly for sex workers, injecting drug users and men who have sex with men. They have the right to know how to protect themselves from being infected with these diseases and...
- Rights-based achievements. // Report on the Global HIV/AIDS Epidemic: UNAIDS - 2004;1/1/2004, p123
The article presents the achievements of the right-based methods to the AIDS epidemic. This includes, enhancing public health outcomes which has led more people to seek and receive relevant information on HIV prevention. Another one on ensuring a participatory process which has improved the...
- CHAPTER 10: TOWARDS A POLITICALLY EFFICACIOUS COMMUNITY-BASED THEATRE. JOHANSSON, OLA // Avant-Garde Critical Studies;2011, Vol. 26, p263
Young people make up the most susceptible groups in the AIDS epidemic in Tanzania. Their most practised form of HIV prevention is community-based theatre (CBT). However, no official assessment has been done to advance the use of theatre in aid programmes. After a long-term research project, the...
- Coalition announces program to fight ADS. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/2/2009, Issue 1123, p22
No abstract available.
- The South African HIV Vaccine Action Campaign. Galloway, M.; Frohlich, J. // South African Journal of Science;Jun2000, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p270
Deals with the vaccine initiative in South Africa in line with the move against HIV/AIDS. Support needed and philosophy; Importance of the availability of vaccines; Considerations in vaccine design and implementation.