CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Economic Worries Remain. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
The article presents the analysis of the Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. on the political and economic developments in Cambodian for 2009. According to the BMI, the international criticism over the administration of Prime Minister Hun Sen on his move to silence political dissent does...
- Survival of the Paranoid. McCarthy, Terry // Time International (South Pacific Edition);03/22/1999, Issue 12, p44
Presents a conversation with Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia. His relationship with genocidal dictator Pol Pot; His efforts to try Khmer Rouge leaders for crimes against humanity; Highlights of his political career; Biographical data; How his life is dominated by one issue--survival.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the business environment, political and economic risk in Cambodia including the announcement of Cambodia Angkor Air that it will schedule new flights from Siem Reap to Bangkok, Thailand in 2011, the announcement of Prince Norodom Ranariddh that to call on grassroots...
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p6
The article presents updates on the political risk, economic risk, and business environment in Cambodia for 2009. The conflict surrounding the Preah Vihear temple on the Cambodia-Thailand border has flared up again as People's Alliance of Democracy (PAD) protesters staged a protest at the site....
- CAMOBDIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business conditions in Cambodia in 2010, with details on the three-day strike for wage hike and the positive trend of telecommunications sector of the country.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
The article offers several topics in Cambodia including the move of Prime Minister Hun Sen to reconcile with Thailand, the growth of the country's gross domestic product (GDP), and the increase of net sales for Star-Cell, a TeliaSonera's Cambodian subsidiary.
- Cambodia. // CIA World Fact Book;2016/2017, Vol. 53, p134
A country report for Cambodia is presented from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, with topics including economic condition; political structure; and information on its transportation.
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;1/12/2010, p6
The article focuses on politics and government in Cambodia. The country adopts a multi-party democracy under a constitutional monarchy, with the king heading the executive branch and cabinet ministers helping him administer governmental functions. A series of national elections aimed at settling...
- Voting for the past. Hajari, Nisid; Lee, Matthew // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/10/1998, Issue 32, p54
Discusses elections in Cambodia that were held in July 1998. Preliminary results regarding seats won by the Cambodian People's Party of strongman Hun Sen, Prince Norodom Ranariddh and his FUNCINPEC party, and Sam Rainsy; Enthusiasm of voters; Suspicions among the international community that...