Banking on snowfall
- Fisher Engineering. // Landscape Management;Oct2008, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p189
The article provides a brief overview of the company Fisher Engineering and reviews its major product lines, which include snow plows and salt spreaders.
- Snowploughs: latest additions. // Horticulture Week;10/3/2014, p35
The article offers brief information on several snowploughs such as Pathpro2 from Kersten UK and Smart 150 and 180 from Weaving Machinery.
- Tight spaces. Weishaar, Christopher // Public Works;Spring2010, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p79
The article offers information on how to remove snow in tight areas with the used of compact equipment with the right attachments including the snow buckets, snow blowers, and the snow pushers.
- Snow and Ice Management Equipment. // Landscape & Irrigation;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p22
The article evaluates several ice and snow management equipment including FrontMount snow removal system from Grasshopper Co., HS928 snowblower from Honda, and V-Maxx 8500 bulk spreader from SnowEx.
- LOW SODIUM: IOWA DOT REDUCES SALT USE. // American City & County;May2013, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p27
The article reports that the Iowa Department of Transportation (IDOT) upgraded majority of its snow-removal fleets with SpreadSmart Rx spreader controls to reduce salt use by 10 percent and material expenditures. IDOT used over 203,000 tons of rock salt and more than 15 million gallons of salt...
- Equipment and technology aim to blunt winter's wrath. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;12/27/2013, p6
The article reports on the development of technologies and equipment which aims to improve the ability of state departments in the U.S. to combat the accumulation of snow and ice on roadways in winter 2014. Mike Hancock, president of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation...
- Let's get plowed. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Dec2000, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p36
Highlights innovative ideas for keeping roads clear of snow and ice. Material Technologies and Sciences Inc.'s development of a polyurethane snow plow blade edge that reduces damage to roads and equipment; Sprague Controls Inc.'s development of the RoadWatch DC-1 for measuring the temperature...
- Versatile equipment helps plow in profit. Conners, Sharon // Landscape Management;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, pSR11
Focuses on snow removal equipment. Year-round versatility; Grasshopper zero radius turn mowers; Grasshopper Model 721D diesel plowers. INSET: Are you ready for winter?..
- Snow equipment smarts. // Landscape Management;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, pSR16
Presents a guide to purchasing snow and ice removal equipment. Questions to ask; Types of plows; Features of specific makes; Snowthrowers. INSETS: What the customer wants, by S.C.;Best service you can buy..