Volvo marks a quarter century of aerodynamic truck design
- Volvo targets fuel savings enhancements for 2016. Roberts, Jack // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p34
The article reports on the fuel efficient aerodynamic and powertrain enhancements added by Volvo Trucks North America in its model year 2016 VN series highway tractors. Topics include fuel efficiency offered by its XE-Adaptive Gearing and Torque Management options, expectations of GÃ¶ran...
- VOLVO REACHES DEAL WITH CUMMINS. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;Dec2000, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p85
Reports on truck manufacturer Volvo Trucks North America's appointment of Cummins as its exclusive engine supplier in North America as of December 2000. Details of the engine supply agreement.
- AMI Is First to Use Caterpillar Pocket Technician for Entire Fleet. // Fleet Equipment;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p52
Reports on the announcement of ArvinMeritor's Commercial Vehicle Systems business that Volvo Trucks North America Inc. will be offering the Meritor MX500 long-life brake package as optional equipment on its VN series of linehaul tractors.
- the last word. // Fleet Owner;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p88
Provides an update on the truck industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Information the VN770 highway tractor from Volvo Trucks North America; Details of the Spicer replacement brake kit from Dana.
- Volvo Plays in Virginia Dirt. // Waste Age;Sep99, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the groundbreaking for Volvo Trucks' New River Valley Assembly Plant in Virginia. Participants; Cost of the plant.
- Stage set for more Volvo trucks. Couretas, John // Automotive News;5/24/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5820, p12n
Reports on the plan of AB Volvo to expand its Volvo Trucks North America Inc.'s operations in North Carolina. Setting of a six-year agreement with the United Automobile Workers at the Dublin, Virginia plant; Acquisition of a 14-percent stake in Swedish truckmaker Scania.
- Volvo's remote diagnostics captures Customer Value Enhancement Award. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2012, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p41
The article announces that the Remote Diagnostics aftermarket service of Volvo Trucks North America Inc. has received the Customer Value Enhancement Award from Frost & Sullivan Ltd.
- Aerodynamic Revolution. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p72
Reports on the participation of Skip Yeakel, principal engineer for advanced engineering at Volvo Trucks North America, in a trailer aerodynamics project sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Heavy Vehicle Technologies. Profile of Yeakel; Information on a trailer...
- Money talks. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Sep97, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p102
Focuses on information related to the Volvo Trucks North America. Reason for the company's name change; Investigation by the European Union Commission into subsidies granted to Volvo Truck by the Swedish government; Predictions of a decrease in the European truck market, by Volvo's chief...