Reitnouer authorizes dealer for New York
- Suppliers. // Russia Autos Report;Q4 2011, Issue 4, p50
The article focuses on suppliers in the automotive industry in Russia in 2011. It notes that the country was seen seeking up to 10 Turkish parts suppliers to invest in the Tatarstan region where there is an increasing automotive cluster. It conceives that the development is highly strategic move...
- The OEM Report Card. // Dealernews;Dec2004, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p24
The article presents information on the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Report Card survey, which is intended to be a forum for dealers to express their opinions of what the OEMs are doing correctly or incorrectly, while providing vehicle manufacturers insights on how to improve affairs...
- The more you measure, the better you manage. Marinucci, Dan // Tire Business;1/2/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p0009
The article provides the author's view and recommendations for tire dealers and service shop operators in the U.S. in 2012. He suggests that the more facets of their businesses that they measure, the more likely they are to handle those elements successfully. He adds that careful and consistent...
- You know it makes sense. Nash, Sally // Truck & Driver;Oct2005, p11
The article states that distribution companies should consider taking on drivers with disabilities because it makes good, economic sense, according to Charlie Stoddart, general manager at Christian Salvesen's Motherwell depot. Over the last two years Christian Salvesen's Motherwell depot has...
- The Guaranteed Trade-In. Williams, Jay // Dealernews;Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p78
This article presents instructions on how to ensure a new-bike sale by selling a used one. For many customers, what they're really pursuing is an opportunity to ride. Some want a particular bike that's not immediately available, so a sales representative tries to sell them a bike that's in...
- Flogging the factory plans. Harris, Donna // Automotive News;3/21/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6139, p1
The article reports that dealers across the U.S. say that automakers are pressuring them to sell factory service contracts. They say factories are turning up the heat even as customers are buying fewer extended service contracts for new cars and trucks. Carmakers always have nudged dealers to...
- Suppliers to the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse. // Automotive News;12/5/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6179, p26R
This section presents information related to the requirements of suppliers in the automobile industry. It informs about the various automotive parts that are available in the market.
- What's Keeping You Up at Night? Vaughan, Mike // Dealernews;Jul2004, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p4
Talks about merchandising, marketing and sales issues surrounding dealers in the motorcycle industry in the U.S. Challenges experienced by distributors; Impact of margins and competitive price issues on motorcycle dealers; Factors affecting consumer sales.
- Customized Corruption. Roderick, Tom // Dealernews;Jul2004, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p57
Discusses sentiments of shop owners concerning custom motorcycle manufacturers. Accusations voiced by dealers; Importance of researching the background of custom manufacturer before making a transaction; Significance of not assuming brotherhood with nonestablished manufacturers.