Mack Trucks, Volvo reorganize their North American operations
- The road to the self-driving truck. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jan2015, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses self-driving truck technology. Topics discussed, include Volvo Trucks which has taken the lead truck role in SARTRE (Safe Road Trains for the Environment), a joint European platooning project; heavy trucks in Europe using electronic braking systems (EBS) that rely on wires...
- Volvo Trucks Adds Dallas Parts Distribution Center To Its North American Network. // Fleet Equipment;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p13
This article reports that Volvo Trucks North America Inc., continued to expand its customer and dealer support with the addition on December 6 of a new parts distribution center in Dallas, Texas. The Dallas PDC has a total of 63,000 square feet and is expected to fill more than 180,000 orders...
- Volvo 'tracks' customer experience. // Concrete Products;Nov2014, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that Volvo Trucks North America has dedicated a Customer Experience Track at its New River Valley assembly plant located in Dublin, Virginia for testing Class 8 vehicles during customer tours as well as special events.
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p20
Presents news briefs on automotive transportation in the U.S. as of September 2005. Value of grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy to International Truck and Engine; Release of brand starters and alternators from Delco Remy; Addition of parts distribution center in Baltimore, Maryland...
- Volvo will continue to offer Cummins ISX. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2008, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p43
The article reports on the initiative of the Volvo Trucks North America Inc. to offer the 15-liter Cummins ISX engine certifies for 2010 emissions standards in the Volvo VN. The initiative is an extension of an existing agreement between Volvo and Cummins Engine Co. According to Per Carlsson,...
- Mack, Volvo to begin remanufacturing DPFs. // Fleet Owner;Jan2009, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the remanufacturing of diesel particulate filters (DPF) by Mack Trucks Inc. and Volvo Trucks North America Inc. at the Middletown Remanufacturing Center (MRC) in Pennsylvania. The companies stress that the DPF will be redeveloped by 90 percent which will help enhance its...
- Volvo unveils next generation. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Oct2002, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p34
Introduces the VN automobile from Volvo Trucks North America Inc. Design of the automobile; Product specifications; Price of the product.
- Volvo EPA 2010 truck orders above 10,000. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p16
The article announces that orders for Volvo Trucks North America's Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 2010-certified Volvo Group engines surpassed its 10,000 mark in the U.S.
- Volvo offers I-Shift automated transmission. // Fleet Equipment;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p54
The article evaluates the Volvo I-Shift automated transmission for model year 2008 from Volvo Trucks North America Inc. and offers information on the features, components, amenities and advantages.