ATA backs bipartisan energy plan
- MOBILIZING ENERGY EFFICIENCY. Berle, Peter A.A. // Audubon;Mar1991, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p23
Calls on the U.S. government to develop a national energy policy. Commitments and objectives that need to be included in the energy policy; Enhancing the structure of the energy economy; Increase the fuel economy of cars; Stabilization of national electricity demand.
- California Revisited: Deregulation is Dead, Long Live Deregulation. Betz, Kenneth W. // Energy User News;Jul2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on a report issued by the Bay Area Economic Forum (BAEF) regarding the competition in energy market of California. Sponsors of the BAEF report; Plans to deregulate energy prices in the state; Approval of Energy Action Plan for the state by the California Public Utilities Commission.
- Trucking dominates freight movements. // Tire Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
The American Trucking Associations (ATA) predicts the trucking industry will continue to dominate domestic freight transportation modes, increasing to 68.2 percent its share of all freight tonnage moved throughout the U.S. by 2008.Another ATA publication, â€œStandard Trucking and...
- French nuclear still competitive. // International Power Generation;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p6
Cites a report on energy policy options for the French prime minister which has made clear that nuclear energy is likely to maintain its economic competitiveness through 2050.
- Improving Prediction of Energy Futures. Munson, Richard // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p26
Deals with issues on the development of energy-economic models in the U.S. Results of communication conflict between economists and policymakers on the energy-economic legislation; Impact of government policies on the energy market; Outcome of the models using different factors and assumptions;...
- The World May Be Flat. Heslin, Kevin // Energy & Power Management;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
The author reflects on new methods to make energy efficiency more profitable through outsourcing of energy services. He argues that energy services can be outsourced in the same manner that manufacturing and other services have been outsourced in the past years. Moreover, he stresses that it is...
- MPs slate 'incoherent' White Paper. // Utility Week;8/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the response of the Commons Environmental Audit Select Committee to the Energy White Paper in Great Britain. Arguments presented by the Members of the Parliament in the paper; Percentage of the renewables target of the government.
- The Ocean Industries: Energy's Leading Edge. Talbert, J. Michael // Offshore;May2001, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p156
Discusses the role of the offshore oil and gas industry in the recovery of the United States from the energy crisis in 2001. Advocacy of the National Ocean Industries Association; Significance of securing access to offshore hydrocarbons.
- This Week. // Traffic World;12/17/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 50, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the reaction of the trucking industry regarding the Energy Bill passed by the U.S. House and another on trucking deregulation.