ValuStor 1045-XX-IDE/Parallel Port CD Drive Transformer
- Hard disk technology update. Herrin, Golden E. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun94, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p142
Reports on the role that hard disk technology plays in computer numerical controls (CNC). Hard disk as the internal mass storage in new control designs; Articles on hard disks in CNCs; Other names for hard disks; History of the demand for hard disks; Advancement in hard disk capability; Impact...
- Hard-drive clutter. // Consumer Reports;Dec97, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p56
Discusses how to deal with a computer's full hard drive. How to remove unneeded files; How to save space but keep the files; How to add megabytes; How to quickly free up several megabytes.
- Irresistible drives. DeJesus, Edmund // Australian Personal Computer;Jun96, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p283
Focuses on computer hard drives. Increase in capacities; Indicators of speed; Led of International Business Machines Corp. in developing the magneto-resistive (MR) drives. INSETS: A place for everything.;Atomic bits..
- Out of space? Add a hard drive. Comarow, Avery // U.S. News & World Report;3/27/95, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p65
Suggest that computer users who are running out of disk space should add a hard drive. Cost considerations; Suggestion that one should get the largest drive that is affordable; Installing a hard drive; Advice received by the author from a Western Digital technician.
- Upgrading your hard drive. Bell, Steve // Media & Methods;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p43
Presents the basic steps to upgrading the computer hard drive. Factors to consider when selecting a hard drive; Installation.
- IDE hard drives break the 2GB barrier. Popko, Richard; McLaughlin, Laurianne // PC World;Sep96, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p80
Reviews various IDE hard drives for personal computers, all of which drives have more than 2GB of capacity. Benefits and disadvantages of these drives in general; Caviar AC32500, by Western Digital; Deskstar 3, by IBM; Medalist 2140, by Seagate; Quantum Big Foot, by Quantum; SureStore 2000A, by...
- Technobabble. Taylor, Nathan // Australian Personal Computer;Jun98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p152
Presents inforamtion on computer hard disks. Where information on hard disks is stored; How magnetic energy travel in hard disks; Functions of hard disks; Problems associated with hard disks; Information on the use of an encoding system; Description of tracks.
- Hard disk drives. // Online;Jul94, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p110
Reviews the article `Hard-Drive Optimizers,' by Jim Heid.
- Optimize your hard disk for speedier response. Danca, Richard A. // PC Week;10/18/93, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p91
Discusses the use of disk-optimizing software to improve the performance of computers. Disk optimizer in Microsoft Corp.'s MS-DOS 6.0; Optimizer in Symantec Corp.'s DOS 6.0; Optimizer in Central Point Software Inc.'s PC Tools.