The CD-R index
- CD and DVD burning. Gardiner, Dan // Australian PC User;Jan2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p90
Offers tips on mastering the art of ripping and burning CD and DVD. Information on overburning; Use of the RAW mode burning program; Ways to improve the speed at which DVD are ripped.
- Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 Disc Creator. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p40
Reviews the CD/DVD burning software DVD MovieFactory 3 Disc Creator from Ulead. Features of the DVD authoring tool; Overview of each disc; Benefits from using the software.
- NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7 Titanium. Nathans, Stephen F. // EventDV;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p60
Evaluates the CD & DVD-Maker 7 from NTI. Features; Options; System requirements.
- Pinnacle Instant Copy. Rodriguez, Joshua // Australian PC User;Jun2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p24
Reviews the Pinnacle Instant Copy, a computer program that enables one to copy DVD and compact discs, from Pineapple Distribution. Information on how the program works; Advantages and disadvantages; Cost.
- Panasonic prepares for digital revolution. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;11/6/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p22
Presents information on digital video disks (DVD). View that these disks will replace other entertainment media such as audio cassettes, video tapes and floppy disks; Names of companies who are producing DVD and related equipment; Comments from Keith Tomita, general manager of marketing and...
- DVD the update. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p68
Examines the technical aspects of the Digital Video Disc (DVD) specification with emphasis on market speculations and expectations of developers and purveyors of DVD-related products. First DVD Forum in the United States; Capacity for a single-layer disc; Features of dual-layer discs.
- DVD promises to change the face of optical media. Carmona, Jeff // T H E Journal;Apr97, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p10
Discusses various aspects of digital video discs (DVDs). Availability of educational programs on compact disc (CD); Evolution of the DVD to mirror that of CDs; Comparison between the CD and DVD; Features of DVD products introduced by firms such as Toshiba; Sales projections for DVD products.
- Digital video disc--industry news. Cole, George // Gramophone;Jul96, Vol. 74 Issue 878, p128
Focuses on a controversy over audio coding and market protection specifications for Digital Video Disc (DVD), the high-density compact disc format developed by Philips, Sony, Toshiba and others. Data-storage capacity of DVD; Coding of some DVDs for the NTSC television system used in the United...
- DIY movie DVDs. Rodriguez, Joshua // Australian PC User;Aug2003, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p711
Presents guidelines for producing slideshows and home movies using the CyberLink PowerProducer 1.0 software to burn DVD and compact disc. Information on installing the program; Process of importing movies; Details on the authoring and preview sections of the program.