America's SOHO Professionals expected to spend big money on office equipment
- Hardware store. Booth, Stephen A. // Popular Mechanics;Apr96, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p80
Presents tips on how to protect electronic equipment in home offices. Electric surge protection; Need for telephone answering device; Computers and printers.
- Hot picks for the home office. Bass, Steve // PC World;Jul96, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p231
Presents various products used in home offices. Includes Mouse Cradle; Stretch Break program from Para Technologies; FedEx's World Wide Web finder.
- Home offices that really do the job. Thomas, Susan Gregory // U.S. News & World Report;10/28/96, Vol. 121 Issue 17, p84
Discusses the furnishings necessary to maintain an office at home. The importance of the personal computer (PC); Examples of those who have home offices set up.
- New products. // Australian House & Garden;Feb97, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p99
Presents products for home offices. Includes a color inkjet printer; Cherrywood office trolley; Pandanus wastepaper bin and photo frame; Power Macintosh; Digital electronic clock.
- Home-office products target growing niche. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/26/96, Vol. 14 Issue 35, pB1
Highlights several home-office products from various manufacturers. Features to consider when purchasing products for home-based business operations; Design process; Security issue; Herman Miller's JB and TD collections; Personal computer series aimed at the home market from Compaq; Cost of...
- What you'll need for the ultimate home office. Freeman, Angela // Money;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p167
Suggests equipment and products and that are needed in a home office. Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) line; Reliable Internet service provider; E-mail; Remote-access software; Multifunction device; Videoconferencing equipment; Details about each.
- Technology matters. Lowe, Sue // Australian House & Garden;July97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p130
Discusses decoration for home offices. Argument that productivity is higher at work; Citing various equipment needed for the home office; Importance of having a computer; Choice of separate fax machines or integrated printers.
- Update your home office. Busch, David D. // Working Mother;Feb97, p42
Suggests software programs and optional add-ons in making home office improvements. Set of basic programs; Database programs and personal information managers; Claris and Microsoft works programs; Suite choices; Supplementary software; Helpful hardware; Fax Switch; Computer telephony; Backup...
- What are your small business technology needs? // Business Press;08/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p25
Cites some guidelines for making decisions about home office technology tools. Computers; Laptops; Faxes; Telephone.
- The small office of your dreams. Ellis IV, John W. // Black Enterprise;Nov98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p38
Presents office items that one must have in building a small office or a home office. Computers; All-in-one printers; Systems on the go.