California's Fong starts investor direct-deposit
- Treasurer Matt Fong makes case for rating upgrades on California's GOs. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p34
Reports on the anticipation of California treasurer Matthew Fong on credit rating upgrades in the state for 1997. Diversification of the state's economy meriting the ratings upgrade; Improvement of the financial health of the state government; Fong's outline of the value of the state's...
- State treasurer promise tax reform on the way. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p1
Reports that California Treasurer Matthew Fong has vowed for tax reform. Characteristics of reform; Complaints against the current system of taxation; Recommendations of the National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform of which Fong is a member.
- Fong enters California race for U.S. Senate. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;01/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30321, p54
Reports on California Treasurer Matt Fong's official announcement of his bid to run for the US Senate in the 1998 election. Endorsement of a flat federal income tax as part of campaign platform; Pledge to fight the repeal of the capital gains tax on securities and other investments; Other...
- South Carolina Bondholders Call for Roadside Assistance. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on the efforts of South Carolina bondholders as of March 2003, to prevent a debt default by the state with regard to the Southern Connector toll road project in Greenville that was funded by bonds issued to them. Attorneys hired by the bondholders seeking to maintain a dialogue with the...
- Maastricht debt dilemma. Ramm, Ulrich // International Economy;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p40
Discusses the effect on holders of debts of European Union governments of economic and monetary union. Concerns of international investors in deutsche mark bonds; Stability of the euro; Appropriateness of current levels of long-term interest rates in Germany; Risk premium on interest rates.
- California's Lungren and Fong moved left, lost. Gizzi, John // Human Events;11/13/98, Vol. 54 Issue 43, p5
Focuses on the losses of Republican gubernatorial nominee Dan Lungren and United States Senate candidate Matt Fong in California during the 1998 elections. Margins by which the two candidates' Democratic rivals won over them; Conservatives' analysis of the reasons why both Republicans lost in...
- Senate panel report cites Stephens, Fong meeting. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p4
Reports that a US Senate Governmental Affairs Committee study on campaign finance abuses has pinpointed a meeting between California State Treasurer Matt Fong and officials of Stephens Inc. Relationship leading to firm's reappointment to state's underwriting syndicate; Recommendation that...
- U.S. Senate: Boxer vs. Fong a classic contest. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;10/26/98, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p11
Focuses on the competitive outlook between Democratic Party Barbara Boxer and Republican Matthew Fong as senatorial candidates in the 1998 local elections. Likelihood of business support for Fong's agenda; Support given by Boxer in reducing capital gains tax.
- California GOs are the last under Fong. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/25/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30528, p3
Cites the last general obligation (GO) sale under the term of California Treasurer Matt Fong. Value of the GO to be sold on December 12, 1998 Replacement of Fong by Treasurer-elect Phil Angelides; Plan to use the proceeds for various state building projects.