Texas lawmakers anticipate support of sweeping tax reform will dwindle
- Oregon Lawmakers Sit On Governor's 'Kicker' Reform. WARD, ANDREW // Bond Buyer;2/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33266, p4
The article reports on the stance of Legislature on Governor Ted Kulongoski's proposal to change the tax rebate law to increase the rainy-day fund in Oregon.
- 9.7 million Texans to receive "tax cut' check. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/20/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the $8.3 billion in tax relief that would be received 9.7 million Texans, a provision of the economic stimulus plan signed by President Bush.
- By the numbers: Economic Stimulus Act. // Disclosures;May/Jun2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p7
The article lists facts on the rebates taxpayers and the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 which include approximate cost of rebates to taxpayers, approximate number of households receiving rebates, and approximate cost of business incentives.
- Tax Cut Questions Loom Large Nov. 7. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p1
Reports several measures on tax cut uncertainty in various states in the United States. Effect of Amendment 21 on the state revenues; Impact of the mandate presented in the amendment on government bonds; Distinction between Measure 91 and 93; Various proposal submitted for tax funds.
- Economy Needs Supply-Side Tax Cut. Bartlett, Bruce // Human Events;5/12/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p24
Explains the need of the U.S. for tax-cut measures. Information on the tax cut proposals of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee; Forecast on the number of jobs in 2003; Impact of the tax-cut under the supply-side model.
- Proposed Bill Eliminates SRF Arbitrage Restrictions. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p4
Reports the passage of a bill that would eliminate arbitrage rebate restrictions from tax-exempts bonds under the clean water SRF program in the U.S. Increase of available funds for the program; Provisions of the bill; Speculation of a heated debate in Congress.
- Future of taconite tax rebates uncertain. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Jul2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p14
Reports that a taconite tax rebate program has been found unconstitutional by a United States District Court. Purpose of the creation of the program; Basis for a lawsuit filed against the program; Amount of fund rebated by the program.
- In Colorado, The Tax Rebates Keep Coming. New, Michael // Business Journal (Central New York);4/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p23
Reports on the taxpayer bill of rights (TABOR) of Colorado. Implications of the TABOR for the tax rebate received by taxpayers; Controversy behind the TABOR; Limitations on increases in per-capita expenditures in Colorado.
- Credits From Heaven. Bole, William // America;10/29/2001, Vol. 185 Issue 13, p16
Talks about the benefit to the poor offered by the tax bill signed by United States President George W. Bush in 2001. Information on the tax rebates sent out by the government in summer 2001; Details of the tax package; Challenge in providing tax support for faith-based initiatives.