College Publishers' Sales Flat For May As Spring Returns Continued
- College Textbook Affordability Initiatives Proliferate as Textbook Sales Grow. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the implications of the enactment of textbook affordability laws in the U.S. It cites that Arizona is an example with bill signed into law that requires publishers to offer instructors information on textbook pricing and content revisions. However, there is a growing...
- Publishers Settle with Textbook Pirates. T. G. // University Business;Dec2007, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p22
The article reports on the settlement of a lawsuit filed by three college textbook publishers against Walbooks, 123textbooks.com, Low Price, Reliable Book Service and Ram Kishore for selling educational textbooks that had not been authorized for U.S. release. The defendants of the lawsuit filed...
- Report Blasts Textbook Publishers' Tactics. // University Business;Mar2004, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the prices of college textbooks published in the U.S. and sold overseas, according to a report by the California Public Interest Research Group and the Oregon Public Research Group. Average amount paid by students for textbooks per year; Addition of extra materials in textbooks to...
- E-Publishing Competition Heats Up. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the electronic publishing industry. Trend of book retailers taking the role of publishers, as seen in the creation of Barnes & Noble Digital, an electronic publishing imprint; Digital textbook initiative by Houghton Mifflin and netLibrary's MetaText division; Other partnerships...
- Textbook Prices Ignite Industry Dispute. Mutter, John; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 43, p5
Reports on the tensions between college booksellers and publishers about textbook prices as of October 2003. Average store margin on textbooks; Increase in the price of textbooks since 1998; Reason for the lower text prices abroad.
- The Latin touch. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 244 Issue 35, pS4
Considers publishing trends in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Mexico as of 1997. Argentina's position as the first real publishing center of South America and its apparent return from decades of economic turmoil; Details of the book market in Brazil; Depression of Colombian publishing...
- In the Works. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
Informs on upcoming book titles in Canada and elsewhere. 'Till You Drop,' by Jessica Johnson; 'The House Is Also a Home: An Engaging Look at Curling in Canada,' by Doug Clark; Japanese rights to David Kuhl's 'What Dying People Want'; 'The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum,' by Kim Izzo and Ceri...
- What a Shelf Life! // Scholastic Scope;2/16/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the top 150 best-selling books released by the publication "USA Today" in the U.S.
- `With a little help from my friends': Training and education of professional booksellers and... Grunhagen, Hein H. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p52
Describes the training centers of booksellers and publishers in the Netherlands. Development of curriculum; Job profiles.