State court rejects hospital's claim that Massachusetts owes it $100 million
- SHARP owners charge Massachusetts housing agency with violating contract. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/07/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30494, p45
Reports on a lawsuit filed against the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) by owners participating in its State Housing Assistance for Rental Production (SHARP) program. Charges of contract violations; Agency's cancellation of loans and failure to pass along savings earned on refunded...
- Mass. sues tobacco cos. to recoup health funds. Hartnett-Barry, Joan // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/8/96, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p4
Reports on Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger's lawsuit filed against six tobacco companies in an effort to recover more than one billion dollars paid by state taxpayers to treat indigent citizens suffering from tobacco-related illnesses. Allegations made against the companies;...
- Mass. registry plan hits roadblock. // Automotive News;1/13/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5695, p11
Reports that a proposed program which effectively makes new-vehicle dealerships satellites for the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, by permitting dealerships to register new vehicles by computers, is being contested by B&T Express Incorporated. Description of the online applications;...
- Going to court. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the filing of a lawsuit by Integrated Waste Services Association against Massachusetts for its vague mercury emission guidelines. Comparison of Masssachusetts to other states who have adopted the Maximum Achievable Control Technology; Efforts of other states to control mercury emissions.
- Mass. oks registration of cars at dealerships. // Automotive News;1/19/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5749, p16
States that the Supreme Judicial Court in Massachusetts rejected arguments by Robert Bombardieri and B&T Express Inc. The issue being a computer system, Distributed Registration and Information Vehicle; Other plaintiffs in the case; Reference to a 1970 provision allowing insurance company...
- Lotus files lawsuit amid Web struggle. Doan, Amy // InfoWorld;11/11/96, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p10
Reports that Lotus Development Corp. has filed a lawsuit against Web groupware company Radnet Inc. Suit as an attempt to unfairly narrow the Internet market; Allegations of Radnet President Don Bulens's violation of its Lotus employment agreement.
- Regional news. // Modern Healthcare;09/04/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p34
Covers news briefs on health care services around the United States as of September 4, 2000. Change in the rating on debt issued for Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; Details on a lawsuit filed by Massachusetts hospitals against the state to recover Medicaid payments claimed...
- Legal battle over franklin legacy pits school against Mass., Boston officials. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;1/12/94, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p9
Reports on the legal battle between Boston technological school, Franklin Institute and the state of Massachusetts over the trust fund left by Benjamin Franklin, which provides low-interest loans to apprenticeship craftsmen in his hometown. Supreme Judicial Court ruling; State legislature ruling.
- Boycott of Burma leads to litigation. Danitz, Tiffany // Insight on the News;06/29/98, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p31
Reports on the filing a a lawsuit by the National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC) against Massachusetts legislators, as a result of the passing of a selective-purchasing law which denys state contracts to any business investing in Burma. Details of the law; Claims by the NFTC against the...