In the Loop
- E-COMMERCE WARS: RETAILERS BATTLE FOR SEATTLEâ€™S BEST. Rodriguez, Ashley // Advertising Age;3/2/2015, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p0026
The article reports developments in the electronic commerce (e-commerce) industry as of March 2015, particularly the move by industry players to relocate their offices in Seattle, Washington to attract top talents from technology firms like Microsoft. Among the companies which relocated in the...
- CityBusiness moves into new offices. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/3/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p1
Reports the relocation of the publication company CityBusiness in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- A TALE OF Two Cities. Caperton, Katie // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the relocation of magazine employees in New York City and San Francisco, California. Office where American Baby Group staffers would be located; Significance of low real estate prices in San Francisco.
- the seven year itch. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Mar2007, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p114
The article reports the plan of the "Australian Personal Computer" (APC) magazine to vacate its office located at Stockland House in Sydney, New South Wales. APC is an Australian computer magazine which provides users with the news and reviews of modern technologies. The magazine planned to...
- Web publishers morph into online retailers. Snyder, Beth // Advertising Age;2/9/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the growing trend seen during the late 1990s where traditional publishers are getting into retailing due to their involvement in electronic commerce. Challenge found in providing a successful transition from offline selling to online selling of subscriptions; Statistics; How some...
- When times are tough. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one on the developments in licensing publishers' content, financial payoff and costs involved in the electronic market.
- The eBay revolution. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Sep99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p52
Explores the online explosion on collectibles and creating opportunities for publishers in Canada. Information on internet auction sites; Debate on the rise of Internet business; Impact of Internet to the general economic growth.
- Making Context King...or...Can Relevance Engines Make Content Pay Off? Smith, Steve // EContent;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p44
Looks at the attitude of many publishers towards electronic commerce. Benefits from e-commerce; Problems with contextual e-commerce; Issue of converting online readers into buyers.
- B2B ON THE LINE. Furber, Rob // Marketing Week;2/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 53, p43
Comments on the competition of business-to-business publishers with online companies. Threat from the emergence of Internet trading hubs; Value of a partnership with online information providers; Contribution of print media to the revenue base of publishers.