- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;07/24/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p7
Presents several articles of the finances of publishing companies in the United States. Details on the publishing revenues of Time Inc.; Information on the net income of Time Warner; Percentage of revenue increase of the education and professional publishing at the McGraw-Hill companies; Net...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p8
Reports on financial performance of publishing companies as of November 4, 2002. Financial performance of Meredith Corp. for the first quarter of its fiscal year 2003; Third quarter revenues of Harlequin; Efforts of Audible Inc. to avoid delisting from the Nasdaq.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/31/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p2
Reports financial developments related to the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of March 2003. Revenue generation of Random House; Ranking of publishers based on the corporate profits; Increase in the working capital of the Millbroook Press.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
Reports financial developments related to the book publishing industry as of May 2003. Revenue generation of Harlequin; Increase in the operating profit of book publisher; Productivity of the Professional and International group of McGraw-Hill.
- Publishers' earnings mixed in second qtr. LaPorte, Nicole // Daily Variety;7/16/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the second-quarter earnings results of publishing companies in the U.S. Impact of the economy and the war in Iraq on businesses; Decrease demand for advertising; Influence of foreign exchange rates on income.
- Editor & Publisher foreign media stock values. // Editor & Publisher;2/10/96, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p12
Presents a chart on the stock performance of foreign media firms in the United States on January 31, 1996 and February 7, 1996. Includes Hollinger Inc.; News Corp.; Pearson Ltd.; Quebecor Inc.; Reuters Holdings; Southam Inc.
- FINDING THE RIGHT FULFILLMENT BUREAU. Stuthard, Brenda // Circulation Management;Jan2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the steps taken by publishers in choosing subscription fulfillment bureaus. Importance of fulfillment bureau evaluation team in the search of service bureaus; Reasons behind the decision of publishers to leave an existing service bureau; Goals in looking at financials and any other...
- Wilmington's warning. Grant, Alex // Printing World;12/16/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 11-13, p16
Focuses on the impact of the trading conditions on the business performance of Wilmington, the B2B magazine publisher in Great Britain. Decision of the company to focus on legal and professional markets; Effects of cost-cutting on the company's finances.
- Johnston declares ad revenue rise. // Printing World;9/2/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the financial performance of Great Britain-based newspaper publisher Johnston Press in the first half of the year 2002. Increase in advertising revenue; Increase in pre-tax profits; Factors affecting the financial performance of the company.