AAP, Microsoft Teaming Up To Confront Digital Rights Piracy Issues
- Verizon, Microsoft connect to advance data. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/27/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the alliance between Verizon Wireless Inc. and Microsoft Corp. on wireless data services. Cost of the wireless data services; Accessibility of MSN services from web-based digital handset; Introduction of Microsoft MSN and VZW services and content.
- Microsoft Joins +RW Alliance. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p33
Reports on the decision of computer company Microsoft Corp. to join the DVD+RW Alliance. Implications of the decision taken by Microsoft.
- Huge book pirate ring in Indonesia broken. S.T. // Publishers Weekly;11/22/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the breakup of criminal counterfeit syndicates in Indonesia by the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and the Business Software Alliance. Raids on printers Hardy, Symphony and Mon Kee and publishers PT Arikha Media Cipta and PT Aksara Persada Indonesia; Software manuals and...
- AAP, Microsoft To Work Together On Digital Rights Piracy Issues. // Educational Marketer;09/11/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the partnership between the Association of American Publishers and Microsoft company to fight the unlawful distribution of electronic books and other digital information over the Internet.
- Toshiba DVD reference design is supported in Windows 98 Beta release. // EMedia Professional;Mar1998, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on Toshiba Corp.'s alliance with Microsoft Corp. aimed at bringing the superior attributes of DVD to the Microsoft Windows 98 operating system. End-to-end architecture for DVD; Distinction of being the industry's first DVD reference design to feature native support in Windows 98; Sample...
- Microsoft, Unisys boost speech recognition. Schober, David // Telephony;09/13/99, Vol. 237 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the alliance between Unysis and Microsoft Corp. Focus of the alliance; Remarks from Joe Yaworski, vice president and general manager of the Unysis Natural Language Understanding business initiative; Launching of Unysis' Speech Depot, a development Web site that will supply the...
- Apple's Rhapsody: A questionable future? Joner, Urban // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;May98, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p15
Comments on the effects of the strategic alliance of Quark company with Microsoft. How the alliance affects applications; Effects of the alliance on Apple company's Rhapsody system; Information on Rhapsody.
- Microsoft searches for its future. Brown, Stephen N. // Lightwave;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p20
Discusses the moves taken by Microsoft Corp. in order to get an edge in the lucrative market for digital television (DTV) market in the United States. Alliance formed by Microsoft with Compaq and Intel to persuade television networks to adopt a digital display standard that match the standard...
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Carden, Lance // Christian Science Monitor;12/9/99, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p24
Relates financial and business news for December 1999 including a joint venture between Microsoft Corp. and Ericsson and other news.