Crown Continues To Reshape Executive Team, Names Three New Vice Presidents
- Strike Two For Crown, As Retailer Enters Bankruptcy For Second Time. // Book Publishing Report;02/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p2
Reports that Crown Books Corp. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States. Closure of retail outlets; Financial status of the company.
- Crown books emerging from bankruptcy, will have new leader. // Book Publishing Report;10/11/99, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p3
Reports that Crown Books Corp. has received final confirmation of its reorganization plan and plans to emerge from bankruptcy within a month. Crown Books' search for a candidate who will replace resigning Anna Currence as chief executive officer of the company; List of new company hirees;...
- Crown Losses About as Expected. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/4/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the bankruptcy filing of Crown Books with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and its net loss for the third quarter of 1998. Net loss of the company for the quarter; Information on the company's agreement with its debtor-in-possession lenders to amend its current...
- Crown Books Files for Bankruptcy Again. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p9
Reports that Crown Books filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States (U.S.). Assets and debts reported by the company in its filing in bankruptcy court in Delaware; Top unsecured creditors of Crown; Details on the filing of the company in the U.S. Securities and Exchange...
- Scaled-Down Crown Books Emerges from Bankruptcy. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/22/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 47, p9
Announces that Crown Books has officially emerged from bankruptcy. Immediate goal of the company; Comparable store sales; Terms of the reorganization plan.
- Cumello Named to Head Crown. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 49, p13
Reports on the appointment of Charlie Cumello as president and chief executive officer of Crown Books. Bookselling career of Cumello; Previous employment of Cumello; Cumello's goal for the company; Job responsibilities at the company.
- Three Execs Join Crown Books. // Publishers Weekly;8/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 33, p199
Features three executives appointed by Crown Books to its management team. Dennis Buckley; Ann Carlano; Matthew Ellis.
- Crown Books Adds to Executive Team. // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p9
Reports that Crown Books appointed John Hatfield as its vice-president and chief financial officer and John Bohman as its vice-president and general merchandise manager. Responsibilities of Hatfield and Bohman; Professional background of the two executives; Details on the store outlet of Crown...
- Crown Books Likely to Liquidate. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;3/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 10, p11
Reports that Crown Books company filed a motion for a liquidation of the sale of its assets. Overview of the bankruptcy protection sought by the company; Comments from Chairman Charlie Cumello.