Agencies Skeptical of New Jersey Debt-Redemption Plan
- N.Y. Gov. Pataki Reducing Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p2
Reports on New York State's plan to eliminate its high-cost state debt and increase pay-as-you-go funding.
- Window Of Opportunity. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/10/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the finances of Lebanon in 2003. Implications of the release of net public sector debt of Lebanon; Public debt in 2002; Recommendations from the International Monetary Fund.
- NOTES AND COMMUNICATIONS. Maastricht, Beyond // De Economist (0013-063X);Dec2001, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p509
Examines the monitoring of the sustainability of public finances in the European Union countries. Indication of public debt; Identification of national budgetary policy; Importance of the distribution of income.
- GLOSSARY. // Treasury Bulletin;Sep2012, p108
A glossary of jargon related to public finance and debt is presented.
- Debts to history. // New Internationalist;May99, Issue 312, p26
Analyzes the rise of public debt in capitalist countries. Funding of the Crusades by merchants in European-city states; Repayment of loans in nation states; Borrowing of newly independent government in the Americas; Public increases resulting from the two European wars.
- Should We Pay Off Our National Debt? Nadler, Paul S. // Banking;Aug64, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the importance of national debt. Role of fiscal policy; Information on how to pay off debt; Effects of national debts on deposits.
- Welsh NHS debts increase. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;03/12/99, p9
Reports on the increase in public debts owed by the Welsh National Health Services. Total amount in debts incurred by Welsh NHS between 1997 and 1998; National Audit Office auditor general John Bourn's recommendation for the health service to reconsider its financial recovery plan.
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33167, p2
Corrections to articles regarding the fiscal 2010 budget in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania published in the August 12, 2009 issue, and the debt composition sold by Georgia published in the August 13, 2009 issue are presented.
- Public debt increases as borrowing rises to Â£4.3 billion in January. Jones, Lee // Fund Strategy;2/22/2010, p10
The article reports on the deterioration of Great Britain's public finance, increasing the public debts due to the government's over borrowing from the World Bank.