Health Care Decline
- Not-for-profits: Surviving or selling out? Aston, Geri // AHA News;2/6/95, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the criticism on the alliance of non-profit hospitals in the United States with for-profit health care companies. Allegations of commercialized service; Market survival as the basis for the trend; Questions on preserving medical missions without profit attachments.
- Hospitals post deficits for 1990 despite previous year's... // Health Care Financing Review;Fall91, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p163
Reports on the operating losses of New York City's voluntary hospitals in the last quarter of 1990. Data on occupancy rates; Percentage growth of hospital labor costs.
- Finances worsen. // Crain's New York Business;2/21/94, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p35
Reports on the financial losses by the New York's voluntary hospitals during the first six months of 1993. Reported losses by as much as 43 percent during the period; Study of the financial conditions of the hospitals by the United Hospital Fund's Hospital Watch.
- Not-for-profit hospitals facing credit squeeze. Jaklevica, Mary Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the problems of nonprofit hospitals in accessing the bond market in the United States. Effects of the hospitals' bond problems on the dynamics of the market; Options of hospitals in solving their capital access woes; Strategies of nonprofits to lower capital costs.
- Aetna To Fund Health Walks, Fairs, Outreach. // Aging News Alert;4/10/2009, p7
The article reports that the Aetna Foundation is accepting applications for its grant program, Healthy Community Outreach Program, for the health care in the U.S. It states that the awards will be granted to nonprofit organizations to support their efforts to increase the awareness of critical...
- (HEALTHCARE) Saint Luke's Wants to Help OH Health Nonprofits. // Community Health Funding Week;2/5/2010, p18
The article reports on the announcement of Saint Luke's Foundation on its Make it Stick! Request for Proposals for Communications Projects, which aims to help nonprofit health organizations in Ohio. It states that the Foundation will prioritize organizations which provide basic needs to...
- (PUBLIC AWARENESS) Foundation Sets Aside $150K for Heart Health. // Community Health Funding Week;4/23/2010, p18
The article announces that the AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation is accepting grant applications until July 31, 2010. It cites that the foundation is awarding grants to nonprofit organizations in the U.S. through its "Connections for Cardiovascular Health" program. Information on how to qualify...
- (REGIONAL GRANTS) Eastern VA Foundation Supports Area Nonprofits. // Community Health Funding Week;4/30/2010, p13
The article offers information concerning the Riverside Health System community grant programs in Eastern Virginia. It focuses the recipients of the grants including the Peninsula Agency on Aging, the Rx Partnership and the Downtown Hampton Child Development Center. Deadline for concept papers...
- (YOUTH) Multi-State Programs Receive Foundation's Support. // Community Health Funding Week;10/22/2010, p15
The article offers information on the health related national funding program called Giving Program, being funded by Humana Foundation. It mentions that funding is aimed at supporting nonprofit organizations in building healthy lives of needy children, families and seniors and improving their...