Univ. of Michigan Raised by Moody's
- NEBRASKA: College Dropped to BB. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p9
The article reports on the rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the revenue bonds of Midland Lutheran College in Nebraska. The agency downgraded the college's $19.5 million of facility revenue bonds to BB from BB-plus. The downgrade reflects the institution's ongoing operating deficits,...
- Ramapo Declines. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p35
Reports on the decline in the rating of Standard &Poor's Corp. on the outstanding debt of Mahwah, New Jersey-based College of New Jersey to A-minus from A. Assignment of an A-minus to the college's multimillion-dollar revenue bond sale; Reflection of the low liquidity levels of the school;...
- Universities Get Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p9
The article reports on the bond ratings assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the seven universities in Illinois.
- UM upgraded to highest possible Moody's bond rating. Wheeler, Jacob // Crain's Detroit Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the upgrade of the bond ratings of the University of Michigan.
- Moody's raises Kentucky school debt in wake of state's upgrade. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p4
Reports on the upgrade of Kentucky's school debt by Moody's Investors Service Corp. Increase of the rating of the state's school district enhancement program.
- West Bloomfield, Mich., Schools Cut. // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p2
Reports on the rating of the bonds of West Bloomfield, Michigan School District.
- Despite high marks, concerns over Vermont's school funding remain. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/31/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30362, p40
Reports on ratings given by Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's and Fitch IBCA to Vermont's $59.3 million general school refunding bonds. Factors considered in rating the deal; Vermont's fund surplus; Centralization of school funding and redistribution.
- Enhanced School Debt Gets Boost. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's upgrading of school bonds backed by state credit enhancement programs in six American states. Factors contributing to the rating upgrades; Stability of state aid for the programs; Growth of total aid issue to schools from 1991 to 1999.
- Jefferson County, Colo., schools downgraded. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p3
Reports on the downgrade of Jefferson County, Colorado, School District R1 general obligation bonds on October 7, 1999. Operating deficits of the school district; Negative outlook for the bonds.