Fed governor says bank regulators should use modern risk measures
- Page-Turner. Paletta, Damian; Heller, Michele // American Banker;6/28/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 123, p4
Mentions a book, "A Term at the Fed: An Insider's View," by Laurence H. Meyer which is about the U.S. Federal Reserve Board.
- Is the Fed's Discount Rate Reduction a Stalling Tactic? Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;8/24/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 164, p4
This article discusses the recent discount rate cut by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. The author questions whether the motive behind the cut was to not coax banks into taking on liquidity, but rather buying time to let markets return to normalcy. Commentary regarding the discount rate cut from...
- Fed Governor: Big mergers haven't hurt competition. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;6/10/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 109, p1
Argues that a series of megamergers in the United States banking industry is not likely to affect competition in the industry, with reference to comments by Federal Reserve Board Governor Laurence H. Meyer. Basis of Meyer's comments; Reference to a proposed merger between Norwest Corporation...
- Appendix A: The Federal Reserve's Objectives Regarding the Payments System and Payment Services Provision. // Quarterly Review (02715287);Winter2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p24
Examines the payments system objectives of United States Federal Reserve. Key words that signify the Federal Reserve's broad payments system objectives; Importance of reliable payments system; Federal Reserve's goal in promoting access to payment services.
- Fed reviews the situation. Nagan, Peter S.; Kaufman, Kenneth A. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug88, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the actions made by the Federal Reserve Board on the performance of banking industry in the U.S. Improvement of the foreign trade; Reduction of the deficit; Consideration of the industrial production and annual factory output.
- Fed's real role: erasing politicians' fingerprints? Waddell, Harry // ABA Banking Journal;Oct88, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the role of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in the banking industry. Way of combatting inflation; Mechanisms to tighten or loosen credit through banking system; Criticisms on the independence of the Federal Reserve Board.
- From regulated to regulator. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Feb89, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p29
Reports the policies of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board on banking. Conflicts between bankers and legislative matters; Effects of the lack of unanimity in the industry on products and services; Discussions on real estate development.
- Who Uses Electronic Check Products: A Look at Depository Institutions. Stavins, Joanna // New England Economic Review;3rd Quater 2002, p3
Presents a study that examined whether the demand for electronic check services varies among depository institutions in the U.S. Description of the check collection process; Analysis on the types of electronic check services offered by the U.S. Federal Reserve; Explanation on the features of...
- Two Popular Fed Brochures Now Available in Spanish. // Financial Update;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p32
Reports that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board released Spanish-language versions of two of its popular consumer brochures, GuÃa para el consumidor sobre hipotecas a tasa ajustable and Lo que usted deberÃa saber sobre las lÃneas de crÃ©dito con garantÃa hipotecaria, as of July 1, 2003.