Moody's: New York City's private colleges must control their debt burdens
- St. Edward's Univ. Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p2
Reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded the long-term debt rating of Saint Edward University in Texas as of February 2002. Ratings awarded to the university; Reasons for the upgradation.
- University of Arizona Readies Sale Amid State Budget Crunch. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p34
Reports that University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona is bracing for a possible second round of state budget cuts. Reasons for the University to cut budget; Rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the bonds; Amount of debts to be paid by the University.
- Moody's weighs impact of cap repeal for private universities. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30207, p24
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's assessment of the impact on private research universities of a measure passed in the US Congress repealing a federal tax-exempt bond limit for nonprofit organizations. Negative consequences of an increase in new issuance and debt levels; Benefits of...
- Univ. of Texas Earns Moody's Aaa, a First for a Public College. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30921, p3
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of the University of Texas System's bond rating. Outstanding revenue bonds and general tuition bonds affected by the rating; Improvements in the system's credit quality which led to the bond upgrade.
- CALIFORNIA: UC's Solid Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p50
Reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the University of California's multi-million dollar revenue bonds that will be sold in December 2001 in order to finance research facilities at the system's campuses. Basis of the rating; Capacity of the university system to...
- Touro College, University Cut. // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p2
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's decision to downgrade Touro College's rating and assign a negative outlook to the rating.
- Ivy League Credits Healthier Than Ever, Says Moody's Report. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31688, p32
Reports that according to Moody's Investors Service Inc. financial position of Ivy League Colleges, which are among the significant issuers of debt in private higher education sector, have improved as compared to their financial position during the decade of 1990. Institutions included in the...
- Moody's: Less-Endowed Private Colleges Could See Credit Pressures. Z. Braun, Martin // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p42
Cites a Moody's Investors Service report on the financial outlook for private colleges and universities in the United States. Increased credit pressures for institutions with smaller endowments; Upgrades and downgrades on the sector; Lower returns on investments; Competition from less expensive...
- MICHIGAN. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has revised Kalamazoo, Michigan-based Western Michigan University's outlook to positive from stable in a report issued in conjunction with the school's sale in the third week of March 2003 of $ 23 million of refunding bonds. Use of the proceeds to...