Market survey: Players believe interest rates will continue to fall over next 12 months
- Interest rates seen headed for historic lows. // Mortgage Banking;Dec95, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the prediction that secular forces at work in the bond market could produce long-term interest rates of five to six percent in the foreseeable future, according to analysts and Federal Reserve Governor Lindsey.
- World watch: Interest rates to rise. Bayer, Alex // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p18
Speculates on the increase of interest rates after slow economic growth and low inflation in 1996. Favorable conditions for low interest rates in 1996; Worldwide rate reductions.
- chapter 7: BMI Global Assumptions. // Peru Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p55
The article presents forecasts for growth, inflation, interest rates and the exchange rate in the U.S., the eurozone, Japan and China during 2008-2012.
- On the herding instinct of interest rate forecasters. Bewley, Ronald; Fiebig, Denzil G. // Empirical Economics;2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p403
It is not uncommon to observe the published forecasts of economic commentators closely bunched together over long periods of time. In our case, the phenomenon is observed for eight national panels of economists who report monthly forecasts. A framework is developed that conveniently nests within...
- chapter 7: BMI Global Assumptions. // Philippines Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p61
The article presents the forecasts for growth, inflation, interest rates and the exchange rate in the U.S., the eurozone, Japan and China over the period of 2008-2012.
- Rate uncertainty could damage business. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;3/18/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 52, p25
Reports that if interest rates remain too high in 1996 in the United States, the employment report issued in March 1996 could trigger aftershocks in the latter half of the year. What was said in the report; Effects of the report on the bond market; Action report could produce from the Federal...
- Interest in the future. Blough, Stephen // Regional Review;Fall94, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the appeal of looking for ways to forecast the possible direction of interest rates. Spreads in interest rate; Value of interest rate spreads in forecasting inflation and interest rates; Limiting the use of spreads for short term forecasts; Reflection of investors' fear of bad...
- Interest rate and canadian dollar forecast. // CIBC Observations;Apr99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
Presents a chart related to interest rates and Canadian dollar forecast for 1999 and 2000.
- Interest rate rides not over. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;5/16/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
Forecasts the continued increase of interest rates in the United States by mid-1995. Interest rates projection by London-based Legal & General Investment Management investment strategy director David Shaw; Ratio between the long-term and short-term interest rates; Percentage of increase in...
- Will home-mortgage rates keep climbing? // Medical Economics;2/27/95, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p138
Forecasts interest rates on home mortgages. Median prices of existing homes; Change in prices in major American cities.