CFTC nominee in sight; bond group asks commission to rethink futures rule
- Newsome: An ironic choice. Berger, Robin; Price, Margaret // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's appointment of James Newsome as commissioner in August 1998. Newsome's career history; Statements about his capability to do the job; Interest in championing risk management for agricultural concerns.
- Fast Start for CFTC's Newsome, SEC's Donaldson. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;3/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p17
Presents views of U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) chairman James Newsome on the securities industry. Decision to work out a memorandum of understanding with the Securities and Exchange Commission to regulate single-stock futures trading; Proposal to lift restrictions on banks...
- CHAIRMAN LAUDS NEW CFTC-SEC TIES. // Securities Industry News;11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p9
Interviews James Newsome, chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) explaining how the negotiation between Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and CFTC strengthened their relationship. His views on determining the success of hybrid products; Effect of Commodity Futures...
- CFTC. Baumann, David; Ellenburg, Jason // National Journal;6/23/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p2001
Presents information on the officials and employees of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission. James E. Newsome, acting chairman; Barbara P. Holum, commissioner; Thomas J. Erickson, commissioner.
- CFTC acting chairman named. Salcedo, Yesenia // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the appointment of Sharon Brown-Hruska as acting chairman of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Replacement of James Newsome who resigned; Appointments for John Moore at Bear Stearns International Ltd. and for Maria Fiorini Ramirez for COESfx.
- Commodity futures agency taps new enforcement chief. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;05/19/97, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the internal reshuffling of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) enforcement division in Chicago, Illinois. Promotion of Susan A. Berkowitz; Responsibilities of Berkowitz; Information on who Berkowitz replaces; Background on Berkowitz's career.
- Tracking the big foot. Briese, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the `Commitments of Traders,' a report regularly issued by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Aims of report; Implications of report for traders in the United States.
- A week in the life of. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p38
Presents excerpts from `Commitments of Traders,' a report issued by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Americas. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p18
Presents news items related to futures trading in North and South America. Delay in David D. Spears' nomination as a commissioner in the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Fines imposed by the CFTC against Michael F. Staryk; Anti-fraud violation faced by Oster Communications Inc.