Investors, seeking safety in current volatile market, go long and diversify
- MONDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;11/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32503, p1
Several graphs are presented depicting the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 6, 2006.
- Investors can mitigate the stock market's price swings. CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;6/5/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p10
The article offers the author's insights on the Puerto Rican investors who mitigate the price swings of the stock market in the island. Topics discussed include the general obligation (GO) bonds of the government of Puerto Rico, Ernesto Ramos of Chicago, Illinois-based Bank of Montreal (BMO)...
- A Pension Bond Reality Check. Sloan, Allan // Pro Publica;Sep2015, p1
The article focuses on impact of pension obligation bonds on stock market of the U.S. Topics discussed include issues concerning underfunded government pensions, plans of the government to borrow money at low rates and invest in stocks to earn higher interests, and decreased interest rates on...
- Municipal Bond Prices End Higher; Delaware, University of Texas Sell. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Highlights the performance of municipal bonds in the stock market in the second week of January 2003. Reaction to the U.S. government's economic stimulus plan; Concerns of stock traders regarding concessions in the market; Unsold balance reported by underwriters.
- Yields Tumble 3 to 4 Basis Points; California Reprices $2 Billion GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p2
Reports on the decline in the yields of municipal bonds by three to four basis points in California as of April 25, 2003. Condition of the equity markets; Increase in the number of job claims; Over of the developments and repricing of bonds.
- Massachusetts Seen as Swing State in Light Calendar. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p6
Reports the demand of municipal bond issues in Massachusetts. Plan of the government to sell the general obligation bonds; Recovery of the state stock market; Schedule on the negotiation of municipal bond sale.
- Munis Steady After a Strong Week. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;7/16/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33747, p2
The article offers information regarding stock performance of Municipal bonds in stock market of Chicago, Illinois.
- Muni Prices Finish Near Unchanged; N.J. EDA Sells $600M of School Debt. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p2
Reports the changes in the municipal bonds in New Jersey. Issuance of a school construction bond; Volatility of equity markets; Increase rate of corporate lay-offs.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/05/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p33
Presents charts and graphs depicting weekly stock exchange updates in the United States. News on trading; Evaluation of municipal bond at market levels; Presentation of selected commodity prices.