Colorado lawmakers ready to fund school capital needs
- School drama. // State Government News;Feb94, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p33
Reports on the Michigan Legislature's vote to let the public decide whether to fund the state's schools with a two-cent increase in the sales tax. Legislature's agreement to cut total spending.
- Inadequate school funding in Kansas violates law, judges rule. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/11/2013, p4
The article reports that a three-judge panel has found the Kansas Legislature in violation of its constitutional duty to provide suitable funding for public schools.
- A Broad-based problem needs a broad-based solution. Cook, Bradford E. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/20/2001-05/03/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
Comments on developments in the New Hampshire Legislature. Opposition to the broad-based taxes in the state; Controversy surrounding a statewide property tax; Issue on school funding.
- Colorado legislature debating bill that would increase materials funding 31%. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on a move by the Colorado House of Representatives to act on a bill increasing spending on instructional materials and other classroom materials in 1997-1998. Provisions under bill; Grant from the federal Technology Literacy Challenge Fund; Release of report outlining how K-12 schools...
- Back to school. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p10
Comments on the failure of the Ohio Legislature to address the inequitability of school-financing in the state. Ruling of the Ohio Supreme Court on the financing of schools; Overhaul of the state's tax structure; Re-election of Ohio Supreme Court Justice Alice Robie Resnick.
- Living within our means. Evans, Ruth // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/23/2005, Issue 323456, p27
Focuses on the importance of the Proposition 76, the Live Within Our Means Act in California. Limitation of public spending to the average rate of growth of the past three years; Establishment of checks and balances to encourage the governor and Legislature to collaborate; Stabilization of k-14...
- With schools, time to share. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/20/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p12A
In this article the author discusses the government budgets for school districts in Long Island, New York. He states that there will be a revenue gap of $100 million in 2009 if the state legislature enacts a budget that will cut $157 million from the schools in the region. He also mentions about...
- Ala. Lawmakers Eye Reserve to Increase School Funds. D. C. // Education Week;4/25/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p16
The article reports on the plan of Alabama lawmakers to increase school funds in Alabama. During the previous week, the lawmakers debated on whether to approve more funds for education by dipping into a reserve fund designed to protect against school cutbacks when tax revenues fall short of...
- Florida Lawmakers Back for 3d Special Session. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32714, p1
The article reports on the plan of Florida's top lawmakers to bring to the Legislature back to Tallahassee on October 3, 2007 for a third special session. The action aimed to deal with a $1 billion budget, and if lawmakers agree with the governor, debt will be substituted for cash to finance...