Minnesota legislators ready to rumble over $954 million capital spending bill
- Arena stalemate ends as Minnesota officials move toward accord. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30369, p1
Reports on the progress of the agreement between the Minnesota Legislature and governor Arne Carlson on the provision of state assistance for the construction of a Saint Paul hockey arena. Plans of the state senate to provide an interest-free loan for the construction of the facility; Other...
- Minnesota to boost agricultural spending. // American Nurseryman;4/15/95, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne H. Carlson has proposed an increase in state spending for fiscal years 1996 and 1997 to help improve the state's rural and agricultural economies. Key issues facing the state's nursery industry.
- Carlson applauds new waivers. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;5/8/95, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p2
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne H. Carlson hailed the approval of two Medicaid waivers. Advantage of the waivers for health reform plans in the state; Consolidation of programs under MinnesotaCare waiver; Benefit from long-term care options project waiver; Support from hospital officials.
- Minnesota governor floats memorial plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p3
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's inclusion to his proposed $700 bonding plan the relocation of the ship USS Des Moines from naval yard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to a memorial park at Duluth Harbor on Lake Superior. Possible voters' participation in the proposal; Opposition...
- ...while Minnesota needs a new approach. // Fedgazette;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p11
Reports on an article in `Post-Bulletin' which recommends an approach to government financing in Minnesota that would have a greater effect than a task force favored by Governor Arne Carlson.
- Carlson pushes tests in his reform package. Keller, Bess // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's appeal to the state to embrace school reform and focus on children having difficulty in schools.
- Subpoena safety in Minnesota. // Editor & Publisher;06/20/98, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p104
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson has allowed a clarification of mediashield law to take effect without his signature. Bill's protection of unpublished notes, photographs, and unaired videotapes from subpoena; Exemptions and extra-ordinary conditions features of the bill.
- Everyone is covered in Minn., but who gets bill still at issue. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;5/16/94, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p12
Discusses the MinnesotaCare, signed by Governor Arne Carlson which pledges universal coverage of residents under the states' landmark reform program. Revenue generated from the MinnesotaCare; Provisions under the amended bill. INSET: Provisions of MinnesotaCare..
- Anti-bST bill vetoed by Minnesota governor. Keating-Edh, B. // Consumer Comments;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's veto of a bill that would have banned the use of bovine somatotropin (bST) for another year. Use to increase milk production; National Institutes of Health Technology Assessment Conference and others say safe for human consumption; Consumer Alert...