Los Angeles DWP wins first round in court over proposed layoffs
- Union contests L.A. utility's layoff plans. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;02/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30322, p44
Reports on the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's (DWP) defense of its plans to lay off 2,000 employees as part of its preparation for electric deregulation in California. Issue of whether the Los Angeles Superior Court should force DWP to negotiate the planned downsizing with the...
- Edwards Nominated to Be First Woman to Head LADWP. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;2/4/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34054, p1
The article announces that Marcie Edwards will succeed Ron Nichols as Los Angeles Department of Water and Power general manager in California as of February 2014.
- L.A. City Council approves DWP plan. Maraois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;3/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30360, p39
Announces that the city council of Los Angeles, California has approved the employee severance and buyout package plan of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. Value of the severance package; Terms of employee buyout.
- Los Angeles DWP Accepts Rate Increase. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/19/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33301, p4
The article reports that the Board of Water and Power Commissioners of the Department of Water and Power voted and approved the electricity rate increase in Los Angeles, California.
- Upcoming PM Departure Sparks Concern at L.A. Pension Plan. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;5/21/2013, p4
The article reports on the May 16, 2013 meeting held by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Employees' Retirement Plan (WPERP) in California . It notes that the focus of the meeting was Pyramis Global Advisors. In a memorandum, it was noted that the Board from Plan Administrator...
- Los Angeles WPERP Releases Manager from Watch List. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/25/2012, p5
The article reports on the move by the California-based Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Employees' Retirement Plan (WPERP) to remove Baltimore, Maryland-based firm T. Rowe Price from its watch list in late October 2012. T. Rowe Price manages approximately 443.4 million dollars for...
- HRA hit hard in Rudy plan. // Crain's New York Business;3/28/94, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p1
Reports on plans to layoff New York City government employees in case union talks over severance buyouts fail. Potential employee dismissal to affect workers at the Human Resources Administration, Transportation Department and Department of General Services.
- BUSINESS PRESS POLL. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/5/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 14, pP13
A chart is presented that shows the response of respondents to a proposal that Las Vegas, Nevada municipal workers should be terminated but will be offered their old jobs at lower salaries.
- Council terminates city secretary. MAGEE, KEITH // East Bernard Express (TX);10/2/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 40, p1
The article announces the termination of Melvin Sands as City Secretary of East Bernard, Texas.