Voters reject Minnesota governor's warship proposal
- Minnesota governor floats memorial plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p3
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's inclusion to his proposed $700 bonding plan the relocation of the ship USS Des Moines from naval yard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to a memorial park at Duluth Harbor on Lake Superior. Possible voters' participation in the proposal; Opposition...
- Minnesota legislators ready to rumble over $954 million capital spending bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p3
States that the Minnesota Senate has approved a record capital spending bill different from the one proposed by Governor Arne Carlson. Senators' rejection of Carlson's plan to return state's budget surplus to taxpayers; Likelihood that Carlson may veto the bill.
- Elections '94. // State Government News;Oct94, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p10
Presents a photograph of Minnesota Republican Governor Arne Carlson speaking to his constituents after winning the September 13, 1994 primary.
- Former Minnesota governor swats FDA. McCarty, Mark // Medical Device Daily;5/20/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 97, p6
This article reports that Arne Carlson, former Minnesota governor, has criticized the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its overly-zealous regulation. He contends that aggressive enforcement and tougher policies for new products will lead to decreased investor capital and research and...
- Soft goals. No choice injection. H.D. // Education Week;9/29/93, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p18
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's desire for public support for the state's planned shift to a results-oriented system. Popular uneasiness with the concept.
- Carlson vows aggressive fight for choice plan in Minn. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;1/24/96, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p14
Reports that Governor Arne Carlson is determined to fight for his proposals to overhaul public education. Outline of Carlson's plans; Lobby for pilot voucher program in Minneapolis; Intentions to free public schools of burdensome legislation; Sums of money to be put aside for education reforms.
- Minn. governor unveils private school voucher plan. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;11/29/95, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p13
Reports on Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson's unveiling of the state's voucher plan for private schools. Features of the plan; Scrutiny of voucher plans in other states; Constitutional challenges facing Carlson's voucher proposal.
- Gov. Carlson hawking plan to bring W.W. II-era warship to Minnesota. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30340, p3
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson has set out to build support to spend $14 million of state bond proceeds to move a World War II-era cruiser to Duluth. Fear of public opposition to the project; Radio program appearance; Carlson representatives' television talk show appearances;...
- MINNESOTA. // Advocate;10/22/91, Issue 588, p27
Reports that Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson was criticized by state Republican officials on September 23, 1991 for agreeing to be honorary co-chairman of a state fundraiser for the Human Rights Campaign Fund, a gay lobby.