Schools fight Ohio's extension request
- Texas Could Replace 'Robin Hood' With 'Stay Alive Until 2005' Program. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p33
No abstract available.
- Appeals Court Mandates Better N.Y.C. School Funding Formula. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p3
A day after New York City mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and the City Council reached a final agreement on the fiscal 2004 budget, the state's highest court yesterday issued a ruling in favor of New York City schools that could have long-term implications for the finances of both city and state. The...
- School Loans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p35
Reports on the plans of Westlake, Texas officials to raise loan of $200,000 for its charter school Westlake Academy for start-up operational costs. Failure of the city to draw bidders for sale of $12.4 million of certificates of participation in January 2002.
- Ohio Lawmakers to Tackle Tricky Job of School Reform. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the financing of Ohio's public schools. Discrimination against poor districts; Funding innovations in the state budget.
- Detroit Plans $400M Sale For Schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p1
No abstract available.
- CALIFORNIA: Educational Lotto. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p27
Reports that schools and educational programs in California will share multi million dollars in state lottery income and unclaimed prizes for the quarter ending September 2001. Importance of lottery program for educational funding; Overview of the proposition 20 related to the issue; Various...
- Philly's Giant School Plans. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the financial plans of the Philadelphia School District chief executive officer Paul Vallas for school construction and renovation in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Amount of the deficit bond issue; Proceeds for trimming transportation and utility costs; Increase of general obligation bond...
- Report: Texas Schools Need Finance Reform or System Could 'Collapse'. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p3
Reports the need of Texas Association of School Administrator and the Texas Association of School Boards to reform the school financing. Importance of local school officials support; Status of the education program; Funds of the school.
- TEXAS: Judson ISD Eyes Package. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/10/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33364, p7
The article reports on a bond package of 198 million dollars considered by the Judson Independent School District in Bexar County to build a new high school and two new elementary schools.
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/30/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that public schools in Grand Haven, Michigan have approved 275,000 U.S. dollar spending on several K-8 math textbooks.