Combating Terrorism at Petrochemical Plants
- Interface More Components in Surveillance Solution. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p148
The article reports on the specification of ipConfigure's specification of Barix Barionet IP control and monitoring devices into Internet Protocol (IP) surveillance systems according to its Enterprise Surveillance Manager software.
- To catch a thief, retailers use electronic surveillance. Williams, Craig // Drug Topics;11/22/93, Vol. 137 Issue 22, p62
Features Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) systems which help retailers protect their assets while attracting customers. Mechanism of EAS; Estimates of profitability increase with the use of EAS systems; Hefty price tag; Source-tagging; Meeting of minds regarding retail consensus.
- Economic Surveillance. // Banking;Mar70, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p86
Reports on cameras used by banks for surveillance in the U.S. as of March 1970. Costs of the film used by cameras daily; Price of installing the cameras.
- Petrochemical Companies Must Rethink Security. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/1/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 9, p11
Interviews Amy Jaffe, associate director of the Rice University Energy Program, about security issues in the U.S. petrochemical industry. Impact of terrorism on the industry; Potential terrorism targets in the industry; Government oversight of security at the industry.
- Migrating to all-IP video surveillance. Colciago, Fabrizio // Network World;5/11/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p22
The article discusses the growing use of all-Internet protocol (IP) video surveillance in the U.S. The demand for the video security leverages are growing due to the new H.264 compression technology and the falling prices of IP cameras. The scheme is also simple and accessible to all users and...
- Company's Network Video Security Offering Designed to be 'One-Stop-Shop' Solution. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p107
The article offers brief information on the BrickOne Solution Internet protocol (IP) surveillance system from Brickcom Corp.
- New Study Proves IP Video Systems Can Be Less Costly than Analog. Humphrey, Chris // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on the study released by Axis Communications of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. The study was initiated in order to develop an understanding of the total cost of ownership for both an analog surveillance system and an Internet Protocol (IP)-based video surveillance system. After...
- National Retailer Enhances Video Surveillance. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p34
Reports on Ultrak Inc.'s plan to provide a national retailer with the DAVE System 2000 video surveillance system to enhance its loss prevention management program. Technology on which System 2000 is based; Number of stores in which the system will be installed by the retailer.
- Surveillance cameras trap bad actors. Baldwin, Robert // Banking;May76, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the use of surveillance cameras by banks in the U.S. as of May 1976. Advantages in using surveillance cameras; Impact of surveillance cameras on fraud attempts in banks; Facts on the investigation of bank robberies using surveillance cameras.