In Mass Notification, the Medium Really is the Message
- Towards a safer society. Davis, Dennis // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p12
In this article, the author discusses the collaboration of various government sectors in a nation to provide safer societies. The author notes the efforts of the defence sector and the emergency health care services including firefighting, rescue, and technical recovery for their role in...
- SECURING THE GRID. Stone, Adam // Emergency Management;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p16
The article explores the results of a research findings which outlines the future impacts of technology developments and innovations in the national security systems in the U.S. The research was funded by the Foundation for Resilient Societies, a nonprofit organization which studies the role of...
- Security Resource. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/25/2005, Vol. 255 Issue 4, p22
This article reports that the American National Standards Institute has launched a Homeland Security Standards Database to air new standards being devised for everything from first response to building code revision, data management or infrastructure protection. The initial standards are grouped...
- Mastering Rapport and Having Productive Conversations. DREEKE, ROBIN K. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Oct2012, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p8
In this article the author discusses the importance of rapport building skills for employees at the national security agencies in the U.S. It is mentioned that presently new recruits are more comfortable in working with new technologies and analyzing databases, however, the veterans used to have...
- Technology That Can Save Lives During Disaster. SETH, RAJ // India -- West;7/12/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 34, pA8
In this article, the author discusses an inflatable technology to construct a space tower that can be used for building bridges which will help in saving lives during disasters.
- HOMELAND SECURITY: TRENDS IN AMERICA. Kemp, Roger L. // Fire Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p101
Focuses on the federal assistance programs for homeland security in the U.S. Assistance of local officials in the mitigation phase of the emergency management plans; Collaboration between city and county officials with the state and federal agencies; Reduction of fire hazards.
- EXTRACT. // Government Executive;10/1/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p11
Presents excerpts from the article "Drowning New Orleans" by Mark Fischetti, which was published in the October 2001 issue of the journal "Scientific American."
- MAJOR POWER PERSPECTIVES ON PEACE AND SECURITY IN ASIA-PACIFIC. Wang Guanzhong // Military Technology;2014, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p11
The article discusses the military security in China and links it with the security of Asian continent alongwith the defensive strategies played to contribute to the Asian security. Topics discussed include efforts of People's Liberation Army (PLA) China in maintaining regional security, efforts...
- HIGHLIGHTS. // Future Survey;Sep2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p2
Introduces a series of articles on national security, technological innovations and globalization.