Technology Accelerates the Adoption of IP-based Systems
- Privacy and Surveillance Post-9/11. Shamsi, Hina; Abdo, Alex // Human Rights;Winter2011, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses the benefits of technological innovation in mass government surveillance and data mining used after September 11, 2001, terrorist attack in the U.S. and comments on the violations of privacy rights of people due to these surveillance system. It discusses the facts related...
- Adaptive nuclear, biological, and chemical detection in demand. Howard, Courtney E. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p25
The article reports on the need for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) agent detection devices by military, public safety and homeland security professionals.
- Competing with Inertia. Hunt, Steve // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p18
The author discusses the advancement of technology for security operations in the U.S. He cites the internet protocol surveillance cameras that play important role of capturing events, such as accident prevention, crime and vandalism deterrence, slip and fall evidence, traffic and crowd control,...
- Analytics add intelligence to IP surveillance systems. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p35
The article discusses the technological developments for network cameras which are the analytics software that adds intelligence to the Internet protocol (IP) surveillance systems. The additional functionality enables the system to analyze the data or images that have been gathered and stored...
- THE ALL-SEEING EYE OF VIDEO SURVEILLANCE CUTS THE CORD. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;9/9/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p26
The article explores the innovations in video surveillance systems, which have been playing an important role in crime deterence and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). It describes new technologies that are being used by governments and other organization to increase surveillance efforts,...
- Added features & persistence increase IP cameras' market share. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2005, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p30
The article focuses on issues related to Internet Protocol-based (IP) cameras. While IP camera sales have yet to reach the $800 million mark, and may not experience numbers even close to that for another couple of years, the technological advancements in IP cameras over the past year are...
- APRICOT: Asia to lead in the future of the Internet. // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;Mar2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p18
The article explains how Hong Kong, China could become a major hub for Internet development in Asia as discussed by Internet luminaries at the 2011 conference of the Asia Pacific Regional Internet Conference on Operational Technologies (APRICOT) and the Asia Pacific Advanced Network (APAN). It...
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p117
A quiz concerning Internet protocol (IP) camera system is presented.
- HIGHLIGHTS. // Future Survey;Sep2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p2
Introduces a series of articles on national security, technological innovations and globalization.