Technology Accelerates the Adoption of IP-based Systems
- Privacy and Surveillance Post-9/11. Shamsi, Hina; Abdo, Alex // Human Rights;Winter2011, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses the benefits of technological innovation in mass government surveillance and data mining used after September 11, 2001, terrorist attack in the U.S. and comments on the violations of privacy rights of people due to these surveillance system. It discusses the facts related...
- Adaptive nuclear, biological, and chemical detection in demand. Howard, Courtney E. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p25
The article reports on the need for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) agent detection devices by military, public safety and homeland security professionals.
- Analytics add intelligence to IP surveillance systems. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p35
The article discusses the technological developments for network cameras which are the analytics software that adds intelligence to the Internet protocol (IP) surveillance systems. The additional functionality enables the system to analyze the data or images that have been gathered and stored...
- Competing with Inertia. Hunt, Steve // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p18
The author discusses the advancement of technology for security operations in the U.S. He cites the internet protocol surveillance cameras that play important role of capturing events, such as accident prevention, crime and vandalism deterrence, slip and fall evidence, traffic and crowd control,...
- Easing up IP Installations. Rice, Derek // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2014, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p95
The article offers information related to the installation of Internet Protocol (IP) cameras. Topics discussed include features of IP cameras, skills needed for installing IP cameras and challenges in installing IP cameras. It also discusses technological innovations and ways by which...
- More peace and quiet. ANDREWS, JOHN // McKnight's Assisted Living;Dec2015, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on advancement in surveillance and monitoring technologies and mentions monitoring of residents through wearable sensors, wristwatches and bracelets, improvement in technologies that has led to data collection and discretion in resident monitoring.
- The Surveillance Society: Show Me the Pictures. // BAGnewsNotes;6/10/2013, p2
Photographs are presented related to surveillance detection and imagery from the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA).
- Political Economies of Surveillance. Ball, Kirstie S.; Wood, David Murakami // Surveillance & Society;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1/2, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss the politics behind surveillance and the existence of society under this surveillance by U.S. National Security Agency.
- US Snooping Program Had Server in India: Report. // India -- West;8/9/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 38, pA34
The article focuses on a report issued by the newspaper "Guardian," according to which the XKeyscore surveillance program run by the U.S. National Security Agency has installed 700 snooping servers at 150 locations across the globe including India, which enable analysts to search databases.