Access Control Using Imaging Technologies, Throughput Times
- How Administrative Managers can use technology to protect their organisations. Stinchcombe, Neil // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Apr/May2006, Issue 52, p18
The article offers information about how administrators can use the technology in keeping the safety of the identity of the administrators and the organizations. Most of the violations that occur in an organization are also caused by people from that organization because of acts being done in...
- Why your company needs a computer-use policy. Marcus, Elizabeth // New Hampshire Business Review;2/21/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p5B
Focuses on the importance of a computer-use policy for companies in the U.S. Risks of accessing the Internet; List of topics to consider in formulating the policy; Benefits of the policy for the company and its employees.
- Facility Security: New Threats, New Strategies. Rosenberg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan2000, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p46
Provides tips on how to promote security within the workplace. Includes remote sensing technologies; Access control devices; Location of intrusion; Police assistance; Elimination of legal damages. INSET: Top Security Threats Facing Corporate America.
- PUSH that button. JAKUS, MARIO; PROCTOR, LAURA // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Apr2013, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p38
The article offers information on personal protective equipment (PPE) vending machines in plants to save money and to ensure the access of workers to right protective products. It mentions that trend of using vending machines is increasing rapidly and number of vending machines has been doubled...
- Avoiding job-related injuries. Orr, Tamra B. // Current Health 2;Jan2000, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p28
Discusses management guidelines in promoting industrial safety and avoiding work-related injuries.
- BEHAVIOR-BASED SAFETY. Mathis, Terry // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p25
Discusses ways to improve the implementation of behavior-based industrial safety (BBS) programs. Selection of proper language for BBS; Reduction of cost for BBS consulting services; Integration of BBS within company culture.
- Beyond commitment. Hansen, Larry // Occupational Hazards;Sep93, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p250
Opinion. Discusses the need for effective participatory safety leadership in the workplace. Failure to link accident causation to management systems; Lack of management commitment; Need for pro-active involvement; Leadership as a power of influence created by values and actions.
- Making the Transition from Startup to Normal Operations. Stalkner, C. Keith // Professional Safety;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p14
Discusses the actions that safety and health professionals should consider during the start-up phase of an occupational safety program. Examples of start-up problems; Design of start-up controls; Example of a start-up plan. INSETS: Startup Problem Examples: Are Startup Controls Needed?;Example...
- PROBLEM-SOLVING IDEAS AND METHODS. // Management Review;Feb80, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on the safety measures in protecting the privacy of the American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) and General Foods. Development of formal corporate policy of General Foods; Implementation of formal program ensuring the privacy of AT&T; Objectives of the employee communications system.