Advanced Fire Tech Integrates Into the Business
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems--A Key to Life Safety. Finnegan, Dan // Electroindustry;May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the key role of fire alarm systems in the prevention of accidental fires. The main objectives of fire alarm systems include life safety, property protection, and continuance of the business mission. The fire alarm systems can be considered reliable if they can easily detect...
- NEUTRAL TO GROUND BAR SAFETY ISSUE. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar2010, Issue 688, p46
The article provides safety measures in installing load cables and gives description on the uses of operator controls and indicators of a tactical quiet generator (TQG).
- Fire safety problem? consult the clinic. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p36
This article reports that a new feature introduced this year to International Fire Expo is a free Consultants Clinic at which visitors will be able to discuss their fire safety problems. The Clinic will be on the Fire Safety Engineering stand and will take place on all days of the show. The fire...
- What's that noise? Broughton, Mike; Choppen, Bob; Jones, Vivian; Stockwell, Nigel // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p11
Argues that there is a need for a standard alarm tone or tones reserved for fire alarm use. Role played by audible signals; Indication of the widespread use of audible alarms; Approach to standards for fire detection and alarm systems in the country.
- Seven Steps to Save Lives & Protect Property. Jaugstetter, Pat // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p58
Presents the U.S. Fire Equipment Manufacturer's Association's "Seven Simple Steps to Life Safety," collection of fire safety tips. Knowledge of the codes and standards; Assessment of the building; Standard for portable fire extinguishers; Formulation of a safety plan involving standpipe fire...
- CELEBRATING THE BEST. Crellin, Johanna // Fire Safety Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p45
The article focuses on the expanded awards scheme for the most innovative fire safety products in Great Britain. The Fire Safety Engineering Design Awards symbolizes excellence in the fire safety industry. It was introduced in 2001 to develop the profile of fire safety engineering design and...
- FORGIVING THE MANAGEMENT. Todd, Colin // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p16
The article provides information on the relevance of prescriptive fire safety solutions to several establishments and facilities in Great Britain. It mentions the significance of fire safety sign in various establishments for the safety of several employees. It highlights the common factors of...
- Sound of one alarm clapping. Townsend, John S. // Industrial Fire World;Summer2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p34
The article offers information on the need for an alarm system to meet a number of criteria to be effective. It mentions that a flow meter or a flow detection device would have informed the operator in time to identify the reason without havoc. It states that the advent of pro-active safety...
- Fire protection advice. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p48
Provides information on fire protection in the workplace. Importance of identifying the type of materials being stored at the premises; Use of fire extinguishers; Introduction of smoke detector fire alarm system; Benefits of training the warehouse employees on the use of fire extinguishers.