3rd Annual Innovations and Technologies
- MEMS on the Move: Motion Sensors for the Masses. Allan, Roger // Electronic Design;6/7/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p43
The article discusses the benefits of steady advances in low-cost, low-power, and small-size advances brought about by the maturation in the design and manufacturing methods of microelectromechanicalsystem (MEMS) sensor technology. Intricately, the advancement of these accelerators and...
- It was 35 years ago today. // Machine Design;3/21/94, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p113
Refers to the article `Design Guide: Analog Computing Mechanisms' in the March 19, 1959 issue of `Machine Design' magazine discussing potential applications of electromechanical computers.
- Rigid tapping: It's for real! G.C.K. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar95, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p166
Discusses rigid tapping, an innovation in manufacturing based on electromechanical technology. Importance of synchronizing a machine's spindle with its Z-axis feed rate; Traditional functions of a floating tap holder; Tapping accessories.
- Marketplace. // Government Product News;Dec95, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p78
Presents a variety of electromechanical and automatic tracking devices. Multiple vehicles monitor; Utility crane; Automatic swing door operator.
- Measurement Tools Will Propel New Technology Developments. Robinson, Paul // Electronic Design;12/17/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p36
Focuses on the role of measurement tools in technology developments. Development of electromechanical media; Functions of protocol-bases communication; Description of switch-fabric architecture.
- EIA's JEDEC Division launches MEMS committee. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;06/22/98, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p27
Reports that EIA's JEDEC Solid State Technology Division has formed a committee to facilitate the development of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) technology. Responsibilities of the committee; Silicon as main component of MEMS; Applications of MEMS.
- Electro-mechanical devices are core components in X-33 engine program. Wilson, J.R. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Sep2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p3
Reports the test launching of the Electro-Mechanical Actuator technology applied on X-33 single state orbit program of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in Mississippi. Details of the space launch initiative test; Enhancement of commercial and military missions of NASA;...
- Mechatronics software drives automobile designs. Gyorki, John R. // Machine Design;03/10/98, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p66
Provides information on the Electromechanical System Simulator (EMSS) program, developed by Ansoft Corporation, which helps to solve the problem of designing electromechanical systems, with focus on Magnetic FEA. Features of the program; What the simulator can be used in; How the software...
- Test and data on MEMS failures clear the way for mainstream use. Ajluni, Cheryl // Electronic Design;08/17/98, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p28
Describes a test technique that uses a focused ion beam to examine the failed microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). Constancy of MEMS devices; Failure mode in microelectronics machines; Stressed and unstressed pin-joint hole.