Kuwait City Utilizes 360Â° Coverage to Protect Seif Palace
- PRODUCTS, Literature & Services. // Energy User News;Apr2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p35
Presents several products on building controls and lighting in the United States. Specification of Sentri monitoring and control from Phoenix DataComm; Capabilities of ModBus networking module from Honeywell; Uses of Uni-Form metal-halide lighting system from Venture.
- Taking it for grant(ed). McKew, Howard J. // Engineered Systems;Sep97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p72
Discusses the installation of a direct digital control (ddc) building automation system in the Majestic Theatre of Boston's Emerson College. Financial solution for the improvement of the mechanical and electrical building systems; Required documents to provide an acceptable proposal for the...
- Flexibility assurance through wire/cable distribution. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;Jul94, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p70
Features various electrical systems designed for building installations. Includes Powerflor raised system; Electrical products from Powerline Control Components; Wiring system for lighting.
- Dubai. // CruiseGuide;2/15/2010, p8
The article reports on the closure of Burj Khalifa, which is the world's tallest skyscraper, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates due to electrical problems.
- HOMELAND SECURITY EYES ART. // Public Art Review;Spring/Summer2007, Issue 36, p87
The article offers information on the security measures for the Jaume Plensa fountain in Millennium Park in Chicago, Illinois. A pair of security cameras were installed on top of the fountain, which were a part of a Department of Homeland Security grant to the city. However, the cameras were...
- SUPPRESSING The Surge. // Engineered Systems;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p32
Focuses on the application of transient voltage surge suppression to the electrical power systems in buildings. Electrical system problems attributed to lightning and thunderstorm activity; Building requirements of the National Electrical Code; Interior use of video circuits.
- Contractors look to prefab systems to pump up profits. Foster, Jack; Harrington, Mike // CEE News;Mar2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p26H
Reports on electrical contractors' development of prefabricated electrical systems to speed installation. Contractors' search for ways to get the most productivity out of their workers; Integrated Electrical Services (IES) as one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States;...
- Jungle law snakes through live busbars. Tedesco, Joseph A. // CEE News;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the findings of electric inspections in buildings, as of January 2000. Includes discovery of a Cape cobra which was electrocuted with the mouse it was chasing through an electrical equipment in Cape Town, South Africa; Condition of the extension cord supplied by a hotel facility.
- What you should know about power quality and site analysis. Knisley, Joseph R. // CEE News;Oct97, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p10
Offers tips on how to find power problems originating from electronic equipment in a building. Suggested practical guideline for the purpose; Problems included in line-to-line and line-to-neutral relationships; Installation outline of a power-conditioning equipment; Definition and facts about...