Yield backup and high taxes spark interest in short and long-term paper
- Municipals Finish Down 1/8 to 1/4 as Market Struggles to Find Its Footing. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p2
Reports the status of municipal bonds following a sharp sell-off in the United States. Closing rate of the municipal obligation bonds; Limitation of the market's upside potential; Absence of market participants and retail investors.
- Buyers Choose Short Term Over Long as Equities Rally. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p6
Reports on the municipal bond fund flows in the U.S. Investment of the financiers in the equity mutual funds; Increase of cash flow in the short-term municipal bond funds; Diversification of value funds.
- Municipals Mixed After Volatility. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p2
Reports on the mixed performance of municipal bonds in the market on November 15, 2002. Significant rise in municipal yields with the decline in Treasury bonds; Stability in the municipal bonds in late activity; Willingness of investors to allocate funds.
- Municipal Bonds End Little Changed As Treasury Prices Log Strong Gains. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31244, p2
Reports the impact of the absence of investors in the market on municipal bonds in the United States. Increase in treasury bond prices; Improvement in yield ratios; Abandonment of taxable and tax-exempt sectors.
- Municipals End Little Changed; Softer Tone in Shortened Session. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p2
Reports on municipal bond activity in the United States on May 25, 2001. Focus of traditional investors on the primary while mixed secondary bidding pointed to divergent market opinions; Trend among retail investors and institutional buyers of focusing in the new-issue market.
- 1996 saw more high-income investors flock to munis than 1995, IRS says. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30472, p1
Reports on the increase in number of high-income taxpayers who invested in municipal bonds in the United States for the year 1996. Details of the United States Internal Revenue Service's Statistics of Income Bulletin for Spring 1998.
- Placement ratio. // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p1A
Reports on the dollar volume of municipal-bond issues placed with investors in the United States for the week of January 24, 2000, to January 28, 2000.
- Investors take cash out of funds and run. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p1A
Reports that investors are pulling their money out of municipal bonds in the United States, leaving institutional buyers foundering in January 2000.
- Market revives as coupons are `back in vogue'. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p2A
Reports on an increase in retail demand for municipal bonds in the United States as investors show interest in current coupon paper and 6% bonds. Increase in interest in specialty state paper; Investment outflows from the municipal bond markets in January 2000.