Sen. Gorton wrestles with electric utility tax bill
- Gorton to aviation panel. Barnes, David // Traffic World;02/03/97, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the appointment of Senator Slade Gorton as chairman of the Senate Aviation Subcommittee. Gorton's successful campaign for airline exemption from jet fuel tax; Airlines' and airports' support for Gorton's appointment.
- Product liability bill faces tough road ahead. // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p25A
Focuses on the speech of US Senator Slade Gorton during the July 1998 meeting of the National Association of Manufacturers which campaigned for the revamp of product liability laws. Proposal for a cap on punitive damages; Compromise with the Clinton administration.
- Block grant compromise put forward. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;10/01/97, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Reports on Senator Slade Gorton's offer to preserve seven vocational education and training programs he initially planned to eliminate from his proposed educational block grant. Significance of a possible approval of Gorton's block grant proposal; Representative John Tierney's opposition to the...
- Slade Gorton is not your average Washingtonian. Goode, Stephen; Kozak, Rick // Insight on the News;06/29/98, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p21
Presents an interview with Slade Gorton, a senior Republican senator in the United States (U.S.) Congress. Background information on Gorton; Opinion of Gorton in relation to China's most favored nation status with the U.S.; Views of Gorton on the expansion of the North Atlantic Treaty...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p37
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report. Legislation; Proposed law; Status.
- S.C. Lawmakers Vote to Reject Aid For Restructuring Toll Road Debt. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the opposition of legislators in South Carolina to legislation for restructuring over 200 million dollars of tax-exempt bonds for a 16-mile toll road in Greenville.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p24
A chart is presented that lists several legislation related to bond buyer in the U.S. in 2011 including the Bipartisan Tax fairness and Simplification Act of 2011, Simplified, Manageable and Responsible Tax Act and Public Law: Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011.