N.Y.C.'s Penn station plan gets first nod
- Penn rail rehab downsized; cost estimates soar. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;06/30/97, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p1
Reports that the Pennsylvania Station rehabilitation is being downsized mainly because of increasing costs. Impact of negotiation with the United States Postal Service on the rehabilitation; Complaints issued by the Postal Service; Contention of a spokesman for the Pennsylvania Station...
- Stalled plans for new Penn Station at a critical juncture. // Architectural Record;May2002, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the plans of Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corp. to convert a post office building into a railroad station in New York City. Role of architectural firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill in designing the station; Expectation for the approval of the U.S. Postal Service on the project;...
- Postal conversion creeps ahead. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/16/98, Vol. 240 Issue 11, p16
Presents information on an agreement between the Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corporation and the United States Postal Service relating to plans to transform part of the James A. Farley Building into a rail station. When the agreement was reached; Comments from Robert A. Peck,...
- Writing up cost of a new Penn. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;5/13/96, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p6
Reports that Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corporation is planning to employ the services of a consultant in May, 1996 to do a cost study of the reconstruction of the Farley Post Office into a Penn Station. Reasons for the cost study; Funding for the project.
- Remarks at the Launching of the Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corporation in New York City. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/24/99, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p936
Presents the text of a speech by United States President Bill Clinton on May 19, 1999 during the launching of the Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corp. in New York City, New York.
- Moynihan, Molinari to Sit on N.Y.'s Penn Station Redevelopment Board. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p26
Reports the appointment of Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan and former Congresswoman Susan Molinari to serve on the board of the Pennsylvania Station Redevelopment Corp. in the U.S. Career background of the appointees; Members of the board; History of the redevelopment corporation.
- Hitting back at e-mail. // Bank Marketing;May98, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p13
Discloses that the US Postal Service has rolled out a national print and direct-mail advertising campaign in the United States to get banks to use mail more.
- How the mail gets to us. Bahro, R. // Boys' Life;Jun91, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p22
Explores some of the fabulous machines used by the Postal Service and explains how letters reach their destination. Facer canceler; Optical character reader; Bar code sorting machine; What a mailman does with his mail to be delivered. INSET: When the mail sometimes didn't get to us; The...
- In honor of a rabbit. // Christian Science Monitor;3/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 73, p20
Editorial. Questions whether the United States Postal Service has adapted bad policies of honoring various persons and fictitious characters on stamps. Commemorative stamp of Elvis Presley; Plans to honor Bugs Bunny; Efforts of the service to make money.