Orange County delays early debt repayment
- Investors ponder a new frontier: Federal default. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;11/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 242, p3
Presents economic analysis with reference to US government's debt-limit ceiling as on November 9, 1995. Concept, present situation and probable temporary debt-limit increases; Views and reaction of different experts on the situation. INSET: So tell me, why should I care about the (...), Linda...
- Tennessee to OK Debt Guidelines. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33433, p1
The article reports on the expected approval of the Tennessee State Funding Board on the model debt policy that will establish minimum requirements to issuers that sell debt.
- The federal debt will likely hit the $4.9 billion legal ceiling. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;9/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 211, p2
Reports about an extension announced by Speaker Gingrich for a compromise on federal debt between Congress and President Bill Clinton.
- Owe, Susannah. // Policy Review;Winter94, Issue 67, p46
Discusses debt problems of the United States. Increases in federal borrowings; Plans to increase national debt by another $1.12 trillion; Congress's lack of initiative to address the problem of too much government spending; Suggestion to couple means-testing of Social Security and Medicare...
- Titanic debt. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/29/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p21
Speculates that even if Congress enacts the Clinton administration's deficit control plan, the tide of red ink will continue rising by more than $300 billion annually, dooming any chances that defense spending will rebound by the end of the decade. Congress last week began the formalities of...
- Refinancing may be tougher. Posner, Bruce G. // Inc.;May93, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p37
Outlines the US Supreme Court ruling and subsequent IRS proposal on restructuring of debt which say the refinancing of any business loan of more than $250,000 could be counted as an `event' subject to tax. New IRS criteria for determining if a debt modification has tax consequences; Reasons...
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/3/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the approval of a public debt law in Qatar. Effects of the law on plans to issue treasury bills and government bonds; Reference to consideration of the introduction of government debt; Information on large-scale infrastructure developments.
- Hoyer suggests Bowles-Simpson plan as debt reduction starter. // Hill;6/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 83, p5
The article reports on the belief of U.S. House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer that the deficit reduction plan of legislators Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson could be a bipartisan starting point on the economy in 2011.
- Don't use amendment to dodge debt action. Gregg, Judd // Hill;6/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 83, p20
The article reports on the author's thoughts on how the government can deal with the issue of debt ceiling in 2011.