Working with Webinars
- States to compete for slots in new program for long-term unemployed. Schroeder, Peter // Hill;4/20/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p13
The article reports on the introduction of a guidance for U.S. states on how to participate in the job-training programs for the long-term unemployed individuals in the country in 2012.
- Stop Waiting for Governments to Close the Skills Gap. Streur, John; Serafeim, George // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/11/2017, p2
The authors emphasize the role of private sector enterprises in training, skilling and reskilling employees in order to close the skills gap in the U.S.
- Don't overlook training needs with respirators. // Occupational Health Management;Feb2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the recommendations given by lead respiratory protection specialist Tom Ostendorf concerning employee's use of respirator in the U.S. He suggests the need to conduct fit testing before an employee can use the respirator, along with proper training on the selection and use...
- Finding the Green Workforce. Davis, Dorothy // Electric Light & Power;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 88 Issue 5, Special section p10
The article focuses on the cultivation of resources for training, funding and development in the renewable energy sector in the U.S. It notes the move of educational providers to expand and modified their curriculums to include renewable education and training programs in response to the growing...
- What's for Dinner? Cavanaugh, Sue // Canadian Nurse;Mar2013, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the scenario in Canada with respect to inaccessibility to nutritious food that in turn increases the risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and depression. It discusses the factors that add up to food insecurity, which include affordability, accessibility...
- Reaching New Audiences Using Electronic Magazines for Microwave Food Safety Education. Albrecht, Julie A.; Garden-Robinson, Julie; Schwarz, Carol; Colgrove, Kayla // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Sep2016, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p590
The article reports on the use of electronic periodicals to spread microwave food safety education amongst people.
- Retail and Foodservice PDG. // Food Protection Trends;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p81
The article offers information about Retail and Foodservice Professional Development Group (PDG) which includes food processors, food service operators, and retail stores. Topics discussed include sessions sponsored by the PDG at the International Association for Food Protection's annual meeting...
- Memorandum on Job-Driven Training for Workers. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;
The article presents a memorandum by U.S. President Barack Obama about job-driven training for workers, signed on January 30, 2014. The memorandum was addressed to the Secretary of Labor, the Secretary of Commerce and the Secretary of Education. Topics discussed include reform of federal...
- Encourage Employee Growth. // Successful Supervisor;Oct2009, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
The article offers tips on how supervisors may encourage their employees to increase their skillsets in the U.S. It suggests supervisors to teach their employees some of the necessary skills in performing their job. They are suggested to encourage their employees to participate in seminars to...