Tailored to Fit
- PennState hosts manager's series. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/7/94, Vol. 209 Issue 19, p76
Reports on the Food Service Manager 2000 Institute hosted by the Pennsylvania State University in University Park. Series of programs intended for all members of the food service industry in managerial positions; Contact information.
- Good training is an ongoing routine. Wood, Kathleen // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan99, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p62
Provides guidelines on training of employees in the restaurant industry in the United States. Strategies on developing a training environment; Significance of developing training systems; Importance of creating a training culture; Impact of evaluating training attitudes; Usability of...
- PEOPLE AS RESOURCES. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the Total Quality Management approach to personnel training of HDS Services, a food service business based in Framington Hills, Minnesota. Clients of HDS; Alliance of HDS with HHA Services; Approaches in educating salaried workers.
- Technology trends ease training burden. Grimes, Rob // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p112
Focuses on technology trends that affects employee training in the food service industry. Impact of the proliferation of Microsoft Windows-based applications; Need to explore strategies behind and the best uses of technology in food service; Technology in the delivery of training materials for...
- Body movement classes keep servers on their toes. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p20
Reports that Patrick O'Connell, chef and co-owner of Little Washington, Virginia-based The Inn, invited members of the Washington Ballet to present a seminar to the inn's service staff on body movement. Discussions held by O'Connell with the ballet's artistic director, Septime Weber, on the...
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- National Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certification program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Assessment Institute has developed a training system for the food service industry called the National Certified Professional Food Manager Program. Modules.
- Food certification training course set. // Malakoff News (TX);4/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p3
A description of the course for professional food manager certification being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Henderson County, Texas is provided.
- A running start for tomorrow's operators. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Features the Aliso Niguel High School Culinary Arts Academy of the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, California. Provision of a training program for the workforce for foodservice careers; Offer of training in culinary and hospitality management skills; Tailoring of facilities...