Need For Speed
- PLUS SHIFT TO PREPARED FOODS: Branding, a la carte sales help Tenn. district build revenue. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the changes in foodservice management in Nashville-Davidson County Metropolitan Public Schools in Tennessee. Factors considered in implementing the changes; Menu options at the high school levels; Way of offsetting labor shortages in the district.
- Districts Taking Healthy Strides. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Discusses the progress that school cafeterias are making in offering nutritious foods to students in the U.S. Percentage of school meals that are served a la carte; Healthy foods that are offered by the Washington County public schools; Information on the strategies implemented by some...
- Breakfast Sales Triple: Oklahoma school district targets meals-to-go. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p48
Reports that Broken Arrow Public Schools in Oklahoma is devising ways to help food service keep pace with fast-moving students. Details on the breakfast-on-the-go concept at Childers Middle School and BA Senior High School; Explanations from food service director Marti Renz; Food options offered...
- Daily participation rate jumps by 30%. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Looks at the report of Fargo Public School District in North Dakota, about the increase in its school meal participation rate. Advantages of the Team Nutrition groups; Comments from the food service director of the district; Role of the Nutrition Committee.
- Partnership Places New Items on School Lunch Menu. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that a new partnership between the Art Institute of Washington and Falls Church City Public Schools In Falls Church, Virginia, has allowed students from both institutions to place new items on the menu. Once every quarter, the students at George Mason High School will sample...
- Elementary Biometrics. Rimensnyder, Sara // Reason;May2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the use of biometrics by school children in Pennsylvania to buy lunch. Comments from officials in the state about the system; What biometrics advocates argue about numerical fingerprint data.
- St. Louis Schools Choose Chartwells/Thompson. // Food Management;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the termination of a foodservice contract between Saint Louis Public Schools and Aramark in Missouri. Saint Louis Public Schools has turned management of the district's food and nutrition program over to Chartwells School Services and Thompson Hospitality Services. It is...
- A New Machine Age. Sackin, Barry // Food Management;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p20
The article focuses on the vending program which serves as an extension for foodservices at Denver Public Schools (DPS) in the U.S. Being profitably managed by the foodservice department, all of the products vended in the campus conform with the minimum nutritional standards while the vended...
- Savvy in Seminole. // Food Management;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on Seminole County Public Schools in Florida, where Director of Foodservices Daniel Andrews has refined school foodservice to an art form. With creative, successful practices in management, menus, technology and training, he has instituted the level of efficiency and team...