Cooking with an independent spirit
- Arzak Secrets. Thompson, Hannah // Caterer (2055-7817);12/4/2015, Vol. 205 Issue 4903, p51
No abstract available.
- LONDON'S TASTE OF ARZAK. Vaughan, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/15/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4769, p40
The article reports on the launch of Spanish restaurant Ametsa in London, England on March 8, 2013 run by consultancy firm Arzak Construction comprising of chef Juan Mari Arzak and his daughter Elena Arzak along with its development chefs. According to Juan Mari, the restaurant is different from...
- Euskal Sukaldaritza: Pride in Basque Cuisine. Ugalde, Marcelino // Faces;Mar1998, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on Basque cookery. Indication that Basque cuisine is almost as famous as French and Chinese cooking; Characteristics of Basque cookery; Types of foods, fruits and vegetables used in Basque cookery; Information on Basque farmers; Reference to the Basque cider know as sagardoa.
- Rosquillas. Cowan, Mary Morton // Faces;Mar1998, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p20
Presents information on rosquillas, a festive dish used in Basque cookery. When this delicacy is most popular; Recipe for rosquillas.
- S.F. bistro specialist Hirigoyen 'Basquing' in new glory with Piperade. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;12/9/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 49, p50
Focuses on the marketing efforts of chef-restaurateur Gerald Hirigoyen for Basque cooking in San Francisco, California. Adaptation of the cuisines from his homeland; Terminology used in describing the food; Food preparations.
- Pride of plate. Wells, Gully // Conde Nast Traveler;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p108
Describes several basque dishes served in various restaurants in Spain. Includes Etxebarri restaurant's almejas; Delicacies salsa verde, gambas a la plancha and a la donostiarra in Kaia in Getaria seafront restaurant; Martin Berasategui's agua de mar and chipirones; Casa de bacalao; Kokotxas. ...
- Nouveau Basque. Craddock, Catherine // Business Mexico;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p55
Offers a look at dining opportunities offered by Tezka, a restaurant in Zona Rosa, Mexico. Basque cuisine offerings; French influence on menu.
- Picturesque taste of Basque tradition. Schiel, Marty; Dobbie, Mike // BRW;12/08/97, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p109
Presents information on New Basque cuisine and its founder, Luis Irizar. Description of traditional Basque cooking; New Basque cuisine using lighter approaches; Discussion of Txokos, Basque gastronomic societies open only to men.
- Sagardi. // Restaurant Magazine;Oct2016, Issue 266, p21
A review is offered for the Basque restaurant Sagardi located at Shoreditch in London, England.