Calling All Kids
- Bryden Bistro, Mount Carmel St. Ann's Hospital. Rogan, Emily // FoodService Director;8/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on the renovation at Mt. Carmel St. Ann's Hospital in Westerville, Ohio, which include the creation of Bryden Bistro on-site eatery that offers room service to patients, staff and guests.
- Magill Estate. Pickergill, Sean; Assassi, Farshid // Architecture Australia;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p44
Comments on the design of the restaurant at Penfold's Magill Estate in Adelaide, South Australia. Challenge of providing an elegant restaurant while reviving a complex of semi-derelict 19th century industrial buildings; Showcase for Grange Hermitage; Conservation and upgrade of existing...
- Today's tavern. Bilson, Gary // Architecture Australia;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p60
Provides architectural information on the Centennial restaurant and bar on the ground floor of the Victorian corner hotel, Sydney, New South Wales. Description of restaurant's interior and exterior; Design of restaurant by Alexander Tzannes Associates; Details on restaurant and bar.
- Designers tap indigenous motifs, materials to infuse chain branches with local flavor. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p41
Focuses on trends in the interior design of several chain restaurants in the United States. Includes California Cafe Bar & Grill; Hard Rock Cafe; Blue Marlin Seafood Grill.
- Rooms at the top. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;01/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the changes made by restaurant operators in New York to attract local diners. Changes made by Space Needle Restaurant; Redesigning the decor of the Tower Restaurant.
- Construction Under Way On Sonic Restaurant. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p25
The article announces the ongoing construction of the Sonic Drive-In restaurant in San Diego County, California.
- The energy, color, and light of the sky at sunset. // Architectural Record;May1996 Lighting Supplement, Vol. 184 Issue 5, p9
Presents information on the lighting designs of Cafe Tutti in Sunrise Mall, California Sacramento. Comments from designer Gary Orr of the Orr Design Office; Why Orr did not use artificial daylighting techniques to portray sky at sunset; Analysis of material used in lighting.
- Upscale Asian dining storms into New England with Monsoon. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/21/99, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p26
Details the design of the Asian restaurant Monsoon in Hanover, New Hampshire. Location of the restaurant; Use of design element such as Japanese screens and bamboo; Lighting system's simulation of monsoon sky; Project as a combination of maple, metal and concrete; Visibility of the design from...
- Taste sensations. Bussel, Abby // Interior Design;June97, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p100
Presents a range of solutions from three finalists, David Rockwell, FFKR and James Gauer, in the 1997 James Beard competition for restaurant interiors. Rockwell's transformation of New York-based Tapika restaurant to complement the Southwestern cuisine of the chef; FFKR's design of Utah-based...