- Truth in labeling: Public-interest group's name should reflect agenda or risk loss of credibility. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;9/2/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p25
Editorial. Comments on role of the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) in the food service industry in the United States. Criticism of CSPI comments on the food service industry; Restaurants cited in the 'Best and Worst' press release of CSPI; Analysis of the relevance of the name...
- Fast casual perks up taste buds. Macarthur, Kate // Advertising Age;6/24/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 25, pS-14
The article examines several trends in the market growth of the fast casual restaurant category in the United States in 2001. Key issues discussed include the effects of the sector's growth on the restaurant industry, the working definition for fast casual restaurants and the target markets for...
- HOSP. CAFE TARGETS WEIGHT-LOSERS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Reports on menu changes made at the Parkview Cafe of King's Daughters Medical Center in Ashland, Kentucky to target weight-conscious customers, as of October 2003. Examples of dishes offered by the restaurant; Information on the preparation of the dishes; Sales performance of the restaurant.
- Mining gold in the mature market. Penfold // Westchester County Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p22
Presents advice to companies on how target mature consumers in the United States. Spending power of the 50-plus age group; Formation of an integrated marketing program; Set of marketing challenges for companies.
- SENIOR YEAR. Pedroza, Gisela M. // Entrepreneur;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p32
Describes groups of seniors businesses can market to in the United States. GI generation born between 1900-1924; Silent generation, born between 1925-1942; Me generation, born between 1943 to 1960.
- The Second Chance CafÃ©. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p26
The article features Mezza CafÃ© in Seattle, Washington. According to the author, nonprofit organization Pioneer Human Services manages the restaurant which employs people who undergone rehabilitation as well as those people in the margins of society. Pioneer food operations vice president...
- Mama's Kitchen fundraiser a community favorite. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/19/2004, Issue 869, p54
Announces the fund raising event by Mama's Kitchen at Bourbon Street, San Diego, California, to be held on August 26, 2004. Five local restaurants to contribute an array of hors d'ouvres; Wine donated by Southern Wine and Spirits; Event to feature Blue Velvet, a popular local band.
- Partnership launches job skills training program. Dillard, Betty // Fort Worth Business Press;9/10/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p14
The article highlights the "Hope & Hospitality" food service training program launched by Fort Worth, Texas' eatery Z's Cafe and the local nonprofit organization Samaritan House. It describes the eatery as a family-operated bistro that provides work to people with special needs and who are being...
- Prevention center moves in Valley. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/11/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, pA13
Reports that the Spokane, Washington-based nonprofit community facility Greater Spokane Substance Abuse Council's Prevention Center has moved to a location on E. Sprague St. in Spokane. Move of the facility into a larger space; Greater accessibility of the location; Center's work in the area of...