STEAL THIS IDEA
- Indispensable menu item. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p52
Discusses the indispensability of beef in the U.S. school foodservice sector despite mad cow concerns. Favorite food products of children with beef; Appeal of tacos to schoolchildren; Persistence of beef-filled casseroles on menus.
- Chapter Five: Where the Job Can Lead. Quinlan, Kathryn A. // Food Service Manager;1999, p36
This chapter describes the opportunities for advancement in the food service management industry. Food service managers advance as they gain experience. Managers can advance by taking jobs with larger dining places, or may oversee several hospitals, schools or restaurants at one time. Large...
- Good, Bad & Ugly. King, Paul // FoodService Director;1/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p14
The author presents his views on issues related to food service and food service management in the U.S. He cites the reverse discrimination complaints filed by former food service director James Jordan of Memphis City Schools, which he assumed is a case of ignoring the very reason for being...
- Keeping Up With the New School. // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p73
Features Palm Coast High School Cafeteria at Flagler County Schools in Daytona Beach, Florida. Design elements; Results; Seating; Staff; School enrollment; Average daily reimbursable lunches sold; Average daily a la carte sales; Reimbursable lunch stations; Opening; Cost.
- trendwatch. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article presents statistics the methods used by school foodservice operations to control costs which include menu substitutions, decreasing labor and cutting travel.
- Old Space, New Design. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p34
The article talks about the new 600-seat cafeteria at Jackson High School in Jackson, Ohio, which is allowing the foodservice department to broaden its menu and build participation among the school's 1,800 students. The cafeteria may even prove to be a money-maker for the school district in...
- Diversity Runs DEEP. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on developing diversity in menu planning in the United States. Introduction of international menu series in school food service; Value of acknowledging diversity as a business resource; Development of in-house diversity initiative by Sodexho Marriott Services. INSET: Diversity: A Green...
- Twitter feed. // Governors (DfES Publications);Fall2009, p4
The article reports on the move of Somerset, England-based schools to post their updates on lunch menus at Twitter.
- SCHOOL MENUS. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/14/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 41, pA5
The article offers information on the Sandwich Bar daily school menu from October 7 to 22, 2010 including ham and cheese sandwiches, hot dog with chili and cheese, and cereal with toast and juice.