$2.5-Million Donation Goes Toward Local Food
- Bates Gets Donation to Continue Organic Food Awareness. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Dec2008, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p352
The article focuses on the $2.5 million donation received by Bates College in Lewiston, Maine. It states that the donation will aid in the use of local, organic, and natural food. According to Elaine Tuttle Hansen, Bates president, the gift is distinctive because it is focused on the development...
- A Town-Gown Recycling Connection. Gray, Kevin // BioCycle;Jul99, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p42
Discusses the recycling and composting program of the dining services staff of Bates College in Lewiston, Maine. Information on the scrim line machinery used by the school for collecting food waste; How the composting is done at the Ricker Farm in Lisbon, Maine; Community outreach program of...
- FAB SOMETHING UP. Russell, Gary // AV Technology;Apr2014, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p28
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in replacing an old projector at Bates College in Lewiston, Maine.
- SHORT TAKES: Lewiston, ME. // Advocate;4/28/83, Issue 366, p59
Reports on a sit-in at Bates College, Lewiston, Maines in 1983 to protest the presence of Marine Corps recruiters. Number of students who participated in the sit-in; Name of the student's group which organized the sit-in.
- Syllabus: Gender Issues in Education. Dodd, Anne Wescott // Women's Studies Quarterly;Fall/Winter2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3/4, p336
Shares the author's experience with teaching Gender Issues in Education to undergraduates at the Bates College in Lewiston, Maine. Struggle to change her course design and classroom practice to incorporate feminist principles; Elimination of all grading and individual assignments; Use of a...
- Bates College, Lake Andrews Restoration Project. // Grounds Maintenance;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p35
Focuses on the transformation of the Lake Andrews area of Bates College in Lewiston, Maine. Development of the sloping ground into a lakeside outdoor performance and teaching facility; Transformation of the Keigwin Amphitheater into a quadrangle; Design of a passive runoff filtration system;...
- A Breath of Fresh Air. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;May2008, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p84
The article presents information on the dining facility of Bates College in Lewiston, Maine. The facility seats 950 and is spread over an of 60,000 sq.ft. The master plan of campus facility has been designed to be energy efficient, environmentally responsible, recycling-intense and sustainable....
- Slide through college. Tarasovic, Julie // Ski;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p2E
Presents the most popular colleges for skiers in Eastern United States. University of Vermont in Burlington; Bates College in Lewiston, Maine; Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire; Middlebury College in Vermont.
- Treating Part-Time Faculty Equitably: One College's Solutions. Tobin, Elizabeth H. // Peer Review;Fall2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the condition of part-time faculty of Bates College in Lewiston, Maine. Satisfaction of part-time teachers to school polices; Inconsistency of the system of contracts and reappointment for lecturers; Dependence of salaries of lecturers on seniority and qualifications.